ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vetting: Missing county on current address

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

natasha_alena
Newly Registered
Ireland

Vetting: Missing county on current address

Post by natasha_alena » Mon May 13, 2024 5:32 pm

Hi – after searching this forms now I can see that the whole Garda vetting application being rejected due to the missing county is common. However, I can’t find anyone necessarily that has gone through this with their current address. I only have one Irish address - so the one missing the county- and it’s my current address. And I can’t change my current address on the eVetting application - everything is greyed out.

How has anyone gotten around this?

I did email them, but I emailed the citizenship email months ago with another question and they never replied, so I’m not hopeful.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Vetting: Missing county on current address

Post by meself2 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:34 pm

natasha_alena wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:31 pm
I only have one Irish address - so the one missing the county- and it’s my current address.
This is a confusing statement. What does it mean "it's missing the county"? What county do you live in?

Go to www.eircode.ie and put in your eircode to see your address as most government agencies will expect it - maybe that'll help.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

natasha_alena
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by natasha_alena » Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 pm

Sorry I wasn’t clear! I know what county I live in 😆 I just didn’t include it in my address (I had the Eir code there so thought that was enough), so my vetting form was rejected. I cannot change my current address on my vetting application though. So I have no way to fix the problem. Hope that makes sense now.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 pm

natasha_alena wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 pm
Sorry I wasn’t clear! I know what county I live in 😆 I just didn’t include it in my address (I had the Eir code there so thought that was enough), so my vetting form was rejected. I cannot change my current address on my vetting application though. So I have no way to fix the problem. Hope that makes sense now.
As far as I know, you can submit another form on ISD portal (inisonline.jahs.ie) so a new request to Garda for eVetting is issued from ISD.
I opened the form myself now, just to check, and you enter address manually there.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

natasha_alena
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by natasha_alena » Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:45 pm
natasha_alena wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 pm
As far as I know, you can submit another form on ISD portal (inisonline.jahs.ie) so a new request to Garda for eVetting is issued from ISD.
I opened the form myself now, just to check, and you enter address manually there.

So do a whole new citizenship application?

ETA: Nevermind, I see what you mean! Do a new vetting application. Got it, thanks! I didn’t think that was possible. 🙌🏻

User20123
Mood:
Ireland

Post by User20123 » Tue May 14, 2024 8:49 am

natasha_alena wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 5:32 pm
Hi – after searching this forms now I can see that the whole Garda vetting application being rejected due to the missing county is common. However, I can’t find anyone necessarily that has gone through this with their current address. I only have one Irish address - so the one missing the county- and it’s my current address. And I can’t change my current address on the eVetting application - everything is greyed out.

How has anyone gotten around this?

I did email them, but I emailed the citizenship email months ago with another question and they never replied, so I’m not hopeful.
Honestly, Garda vetting is quick so better wait it out. If it has already been a few weeks then they would have already seen it. Don't attempt to ask them for another evetting unless you get a rejection, who knows they might accept it. If that field was mandatory and you somehow were able to skip it then its their system error. If they reject it based on missing county then they will trigger it again.