ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of an ILR who got via 5 years Skilled Worker VISA

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ramsroyale
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dependant of an ILR who got via 5 years Skilled Worker VISA

Post by ramsroyale » Mon May 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Hi, my wife is going to apply for her ILR application soon. She got eligibility visa 5 years continuous residence as a Skilled worker VISA. Her VISA started on May 2019 and she has been extending on that till now (May 2024).
However, I am not eligible for ILR. I started as her dependant on June 2019. In 2022 my Employer sponsored skilled worker for me and I stayed on in for 18 months and then moved to her dependant. Since, I was not her dependant for all the 5 years, I lost the eligibility.
Next logical step for me is to extend the skilled worker dependant VISA to another 1.5 years so I can go for ILR via 10 years continuous residence (NOTE: I have been in UK on different VISAs since September 2016)
Question is when I try to apply for dependant extension, is there a way I can control the form where it takes only 1.5 years' of IHS instead of 3 years by default?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependant of an ILR who got via 5 years Skilled Worker VISA

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:47 pm

is there a way I can control the form where it takes only 1.5 years' of IHS instead of 3 years by default?
No, you cannot choose less time because it is convenient for you. It is a 3 year extension as dictated by the immigration rules and there is no discretion by UKVI as they follow the rules.

If you pay less IHS to try get around the system, it will delay your application processing and you will be asked to pay a top up.

When and how you qualify for ILR is irrelevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.