ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got EC from Pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Got EC from Pakistan

Post by kashifmalik » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:52 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm a regular reader of this forum. I got my HSMP approval letter on 10th Dec 2004 (applied on 28th May 2004). Submitted passport of my wife & myself on 7th March 2005 for EC in Islamabad. Got back passports with HSMP visa stamped on 18th March 2005. :D . We weren't called for an interview.
Documents submitted with our passports & VAF's:

(1) HSMP approval Letter
(2) Bank Statement (8K's)
(3) copy of marriage certificate
(4) copy of the contract of my current job
(5) Employer Reference Letter

I requested The British High Commission, if the visa could be delayed for atleast 3 months (due to my job compulsion), but my request was not approved and denied.
Nevertheless, this forum has really been a great help. Thanks everyone for your support & help. I plan to move to UK in June INSHALLAH.
I wish everyone good luck :)

ayesha khan
Newly Registered

Post by ayesha khan » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:47 pm

1 would u please tell me that the current job letter u sent to embassy was the same which u sent to home office for hsmp or u hav changed the format in embassy by writing that u r leaving the job from date......and now going for immigration.
2 the employer reference letter which u hav mentioned ??what is that??
please reply me as soon as possible.
thanks
ayesha

Ali_Sch

Post by Ali_Sch » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:50 pm

Hi Kashif,

Congrats & best of luck.

What about accomodation????

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:38 pm

Congrats Kashif and dont forget to carry your Xray report with you while moving to UK.

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmalik » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:43 am

Thanks everyone!
Ayesha, I switched my job after applying for HSMP. I am working for the UNDP in East Timor. So I sent the contract agreement of my job & the reference letter from UNDP, stating that I am working with them since so & so date......
I gave 15th June 2005 as my intended date of arrival in the Visa application Form. But lateron during the processing, British High Commission asked me (had a telephonic conversation with them) to either withdraw my application &submit it when i intend going there or settle for the Entry clearance date as of now. i chose the later & so the visa was stamped on 18th March 2005.

Ali_Sch, i did not submit any proof of accomodation, as i have no relative or friend there...i left the columns blank on VAF's....the entry clearance officer had no objection to it.

Mobig , thks for the advice, surely we'll carry the X-Ray reports with us... :)

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmalik » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:46 am

Hi Mobig,
R u in UK right now? what is your job field? I wonder whats the position of IT job market there in UK? :roll:
which place in UK is best in your opinion to go to, as far as job hunting & cheap accomodation is concerned?
how to open the bank account ?
can you plz throw some light on these questions...

Rex

Post by Rex » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:49 am

Hi Kashif

Please let me know the total time taken for EC from Pakistan.

I am also from Pakistan Isl.

I wish request a delay for visa stamp but as per ur experience, they won't do it. So I have to apply as late as possible.

Thanks

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:10 am

Yaaaaaaa haa am in Uk for a week now. I am from Media industry particularly from print media. For IT specification a lot has been discussed here and as much i remember it is always said that this industry is really good for the immigrants.
As far as job hunt and cheap accomodation is concerned....its bit difficult to sort out. I mean London is costly while we have a lot more job opportunities here. While Manchester is cheaper but there is not better opportunities/rates.
You will have to apply for your DVLA (Provisional driving license) just after your arrival. This card will work in most of your matters including opening an account.
Rex, though your query is particularly for kashif, let me clear one thing that there is NOT any specific time period to get EC. I got in 3 weeks, my friend got in 7 weeks and Kashif will tell you about his period.

Kind
Newly Registered

Post by Kind » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:23 am

Congrads and have a nice trip to your new home

can you please tell me what amount approximately should be in the bank statement to get the EC?

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmalik » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:30 pm

Yeah REX, mobig is correct , there is no time specification. Although the CAVA facility (gerry's) specifies it to 7 working days (10 in all), but mine took exactly 14 days. so it varies...submitted on 7th march & got back the passports on 21st march...

Kind, the amount to have in bank is also not specific, but in my opinion you should get a statement of atleast 4K's...coz you have to show them that you can sustain yourself without resorting to public funds. so for that to happen you must try to put a good statement (atleast 4K's).....

Mobig, thks for your answer , i would like to be in touch with you there :roll: :D ..I intend coming there in June INSHALLAH..

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:04 pm

Most welcome Kashif, just PM me before your departure i will then give u my mobile number.

kashifmalik
Newly Registered

Post by kashifmalik » Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:45 am

Thanks Mobig :D