ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Travel to India after submitting the passport surrender form and renunciation certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

acr09ak
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - Travel to India after submitting the passport surrender form and renunciation certificate

Post by acr09ak » Tue May 14, 2024 2:25 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently an Indian citizen and my naturalization ceremony is scheduled for June 20th. After the ceremony, I will submit the passport surrender form and renunciation certificate and then apply for my British passport.

My questions are,
  • Is it necessary to have a British passport before submitting the surrender form and renunciation certificate?
  • Can I travel to India immediately after submitting these forms using my British passport, or do I need to wait for the surrender certificate back from the Indian authorities?
I'm concerned because this process could take months, and I have an urgent family matter to attend in India on July 15th.

Thanks for your advice.

sathyauk
India

Re: Naturalisation - Travel to India after submitting the passport surrender form and renunciation certificate

Post by sathyauk » Wed May 15, 2024 4:42 pm

Hi Acr09ak,

1. You need your Indian passport to apply for your British passport to prove your identity
2. You need British passport to surrender your Indian passport and apply for RC
3. You can get EVisa and travel to India while your surrender and RC is in process.

Thanks,
Sathya