ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eVisa issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

eVisa issue

Post by samory » Thu May 16, 2024 9:22 am

Hi
I received an email telling me to switch to eVisa as I have BRP.

I have done all the steps correctly only to find out that the eVisa relates to my previous Global Talent Visa rather than my current ILR! although I used the ILR BRP number not the Global Talent Visa BRP number when I have done the steps to switch to eVisas.

I chatted via the eVisa online and suggested to contact the Resolution Team because this is a technical issue. I contacted them and they only took my email and mobile number and they told me they will investigate.

Can I please suggest to the moderators to have a unique post for all eVisa issues? given that it is so important and so many people can be locked out of the UK if they are unaware of this or its issues after Dec. 2024

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: eVisa issue

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 12:59 pm

samory wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:22 am
Hi
I received an email telling me to switch to eVisa as I have BRP.

I have done all the steps correctly only to find out that the eVisa relates to my previous Global Talent Visa rather than my current ILR! although I used the ILR BRP number not the Global Talent Visa BRP number when I have done the steps to switch to eVisas.

I chatted via the eVisa online and suggested to contact the Resolution Team because this is a technical issue. I contacted them and they only took my email and mobile number and they told me they will investigate.

Can I please suggest to the moderators to have a unique post for all eVisa issues? given that it is so important and so many people can be locked out of the UK if they are unaware of this or its issues after Dec. 2024
There are several members who reported issues encountered, besides contacting the resolution team as you did there is hardly anything out there in terms of guidance or advice.
Do note that the evisa is still being rolled out. Would be of the thought progress will be made based on problems being encountered as the roll out continues till fully flagged off.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: eVisa issue

Post by zimba » Thu May 16, 2024 1:49 pm

eVisa system is still being rolled out and there are reports of technical issues. These will be rectified in the coming weeks. The system is expected to be fully functional by this summer, so you better have some patience
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice