ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application-Life in the Uk test waiver

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Poppy2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR application-Life in the Uk test waiver

Post by Poppy2020 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:26 am

Hi

My husband is here on a spouse visa on the 5 year route and 6 months ago applied for his ILR with all relevant papers etc. We both work. However due to health issues the GP issued a KOLL waiver so that he did not need to sit the Life in the Uk test. After 6 months he got a reply saying that his case was still being reviewed and just now after another few weeks he has had an update email which states this at the end:

"Having considered the letters and the content of the Koll waiver request, we refuse the Koll waiver request on what has been presented.
What this means for you
We will now require you to pass the Life in the UK test and we will give you 28 working days to carry this out. If we do not receive anything within 28 days we will make a decision on the information we already have"

Anyway he has booked a test. Does anyone have any advice, guidance or experience of this sort of situation and what could happen if he fails the test. Will he be given more time to take the test? Due to his health conditions it may be that he takes a while to pass.
What could they mean by "we will make a decision on the information we already have"

Any advice/guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: ILR application-Life in the Uk test waiver

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:09 pm

I can only give general input - can't really remember reports of test exemptions granted or refused, so not a regular occurance.
What could they mean by "we will make a decision on the information we already have"
On the face of it they could easily refuse the application, as no test result was provided, either on first application, or after having been given an opportunity to submit a test.
Recommend you search online for sample LITUK multiple choice questions sites and practice as much as possible. The pass mark is 18 out of 24 I believe. Having spent five years in the UK already husband should be familiar with a lot of the topics covered. As an added incentive once passed the test will then also be accepted for naturalisation. Same applies for the B1 English test.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:29 pm

I passed my test with in two weeks without any app , just follow this link and try gothrough 40 tests , in fact i just did around 25

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/test-1/

Poppy2020 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:26 am
Hi

My husband is here on a spouse visa on the 5 year route and 6 months ago applied for his ILR with all relevant papers etc. We both work. However due to health issues the GP issued a KOLL waiver so that he did not need to sit the Life in the Uk test. After 6 months he got a reply saying that his case was still being reviewed and just now after another few weeks he has had an update email which states this at the end:

"Having considered the letters and the content of the Koll waiver request, we refuse the Koll waiver request on what has been presented.
What this means for you
We will now require you to pass the Life in the UK test and we will give you 28 working days to carry this out. If we do not receive anything within 28 days we will make a decision on the information we already have"

Anyway he has booked a test. Does anyone have any advice, guidance or experience of this sort of situation and what could happen if he fails the test. Will he be given more time to take the test? Due to his health conditions it may be that he takes a while to pass.

Thanks

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Thu May 16, 2024 12:49 pm

Do not worry. The test examples online is much much difficult than the real test
The test is designed to let you pass :D

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu May 16, 2024 1:19 pm

msx273 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 12:29 pm
I passed my test with in two weeks without any app , just follow this link and try gothrough 40 tests , in fact i just did around 25

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/test-1/

The 40 tests comes highly recommended with several members giving feedback of the chances of passing boosted by it.
Poppy2020 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:26 am
Hi

What this means for you

Thanks