ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority service for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Umartist
Newly Registered
England

Priority service for British Citizenship

Post by Umartist » Thu May 16, 2024 4:47 pm

Hi Seniors,

Is there any Priority service Home office do for British Citizenship application?

Because i am ready to submit my application but only can see a normal service takes up to 6 Months.

Many Thanks

meself2
Ireland

Re: Priority service for British Citizenship

Post by meself2 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:14 pm

There's no such thing for citizenship.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu May 16, 2024 5:23 pm

Citizenship applications are not part of the immigration system and don't offer those services.
The only service level is stated as 6 months, but it could be faster than that, from around 3 months on, some applicants wait longer than 6 months. There's no promise attached to the 6 months.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu May 16, 2024 5:26 pm

Naturalisation is not on the immigration pathway (which ends at ILR), but is a separate process under different laws, with different requirements.

There is no priority service for naturalisation. And the six month period is an aspiration, not a hard-and-fast rule. There has been one case on these forums of the application still pending after two years and many applications taking longer than six months.

Also, after you are approved, there may be a further delay while you agree the date of the citizenship ceremony with your local council. You only become a British citizen after the date of the citizenship ceremony (the date of approval of application is irrelevant).

There is also no fast-track/priority service for a first adult British passport. So you may face some delays there as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

samory
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samory » Sat May 18, 2024 6:14 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 5:26 pm
Naturalisation is not on the immigration pathway (which ends at ILR), but is a separate process under different laws, with different requirements.

There is no priority service for naturalisation. And the six month period is an aspiration, not a hard-and-fast rule. There has been one case on these forums of the application still pending after two years and many applications taking longer than six months.

Also, after you are approved, there may be a further delay while you agree the date of the citizenship ceremony with your local council. You only become a British citizen after the date of the citizenship ceremony (the date of approval of application is irrelevant).

There is also no fast-track/priority service for a first adult British passport. So you may face some delays there as well.
Thanks , does that mean you can't apply for British passport once you receive the Citizenship certificate for adults? I imagined you receive this before the ceremony?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sat May 18, 2024 6:54 pm

You can only apply.for British passport once your got the naturalization certificate, which you get at the ceremony.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat May 18, 2024 8:07 pm

The ceremony is a legal requirement not just a nice touch and the certificate is dated on the day of the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.