ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange ILR delay email from the Home Office...please help!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

willowmom
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Strange ILR delay email from the Home Office...please help!

Post by willowmom » Fri May 17, 2024 12:12 pm

Hi there! Have any of you applying for ILR from the T2/Skilled Worker depedant route has received this strange email from the Home Office Atlas? It notifies a delay in deciding the outcome of my ILR application:
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in the UK as a dependent joiner.

Although we would normally decide your application within eight weeks from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case.

This is because we are currently awaiting the outcome of a decision to be made on your sponsor’s application.
More details for my situation:
  • Partner has already been granted ILR in 2021 after years of being on the Skilled Worker. So he needs work to sponsor him anymore.
  • I applied mid February knowing that it usually takes six months for my ILR to come through before my current dependent visa expires in mid August
  • Application, biometrics and supporting documents all went through fine
Please kindly advise if you've experienced this strange notification. I'm very confused and thinking about contacting my MP to help me with my application.

Thank you for the support!!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Strange ILR delay email from the Home Office...please help!

Post by zimba » Fri May 17, 2024 1:13 pm

This is probably some error in the notification as the skilled worker dependant's ILR has no connection to the sponsor at all.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

RAJ007
India

Re: Strange ILR delay email from the Home Office...please help!

Post by RAJ007 » Sat May 18, 2024 11:31 am

Hi willowmom,

Even we got this email for my wife ILR application mentioning about delay specifying about sponsor application, and I am already on ILR, so in similar situation as you are.

So did you took any further steps after you received this email or have you got any further information related to this.

Please do let me know on this.

Thanks.