ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent, but very quick question regarding TB certificate

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ela27

Urgent, but very quick question regarding TB certificate

Post by ela27 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:41 am

My husband received his visa last friday, it took 4 weeks to process so he had his TB test done around 5-6 weeks ago now. Is there a validity time scale on the TB certificate? Or will a 5-6 week old one be fine to show at Heathrow? Please advise. Many thanks

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:38 am

Should be fine.

I understand they need chest Xray. If you are worried then get a new X ray, otherwise 4-5 week old TB report should be enough.

Ramsay

Post by Ramsay » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:57 am

My fiancee at the time flew in to Heathrow from Nepal so didn't need a TB Cert.

However, they did X-Ray her as they did every person in the queue. They found fairly obvious scarring on her lungs because she had severe TB during her teens.

All they did was give her a letter telling her to get in touch with our local hospital and they also informed the hospital to contact us.

Hospital took tests, confirmed no active TB in a letter and that samples would be kept for 6 months to confirm.

No problem when applying for the 2 year visa a few months later.

jimmymcad
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Yes,

Post by jimmymcad » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:20 pm

When i did my TB, It was written on the TB Certificate valid for 6 months only.

ela27

Post by ela27 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Thanks,
I tend to think it will be ok then, it is only about 5 and a half weeks since he had it, and i have heard and read nothing saying anything about this. Infact I know Nairobi were pretty quick processing our visa in just 4 weeks, when other countries can take the full 3 months, and there doesnt seem to be anything written to say they have to have it redone. I hope not.