ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

If I withdraw my Naturalisation application, will there be any issue If I reapply later after a Year or So

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrinfo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

If I withdraw my Naturalisation application, will there be any issue If I reapply later after a Year or So

Post by ilrinfo » Mon May 20, 2024 7:25 pm

Hi Experts,
I came to UK on family route (Spouse Visa) in 2014 and have got my IRL in 2020. I still have valid BRP card which is due to expire in December 2024. I have recently applied for naturalisation application and paid the fee as well but have not yet gone to my biometric appointment neither I have submitted the supporting documents.
I have certain personal reasons due to which I want to withdraw my naturalisation application.

Questions:
1. If I withdraw my naturalisation application and make another application at later may be after 1 or 2 years, will there be any effect on that as I am going to withdraw my recently submitted application now?

2. Furthermore, after withdrawing my naturalisation application, I have to apply for new BRP card because the current BRP Card for ILR is going to expire in December 2024. After withdrawing my naturalisation application and applying for BRP Card renewal, will there be any issue?

I know many people will be thinking that why I am withdrawing my naturalisation application, But I have to for some reasons. Please can any expert answer my above queries.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: If I withdraw my Naturalisation application, will there be any issue If I reapply later after a Year or So

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm

1. If I withdraw my naturalisation application and make another application at later may be after 1 or 2 years, will there be any effect on that as I am going to withdraw my recently submitted application now?
No.
2. Furthermore, after withdrawing my naturalisation application, I have to apply for new BRP card because the current BRP Card for ILR is going to expire in December 2024. After withdrawing my naturalisation application and applying for BRP Card renewal, will there be any issue?
No. You won't get a new BRP card. All BRP cards expire on 31 December 2024 when the e-visa system comes fully into effect.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilrinfo
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: If I withdraw my Naturalisation application, will there be any issue If I reapply later after a Year or So

Post by ilrinfo » Mon May 20, 2024 7:46 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 7:30 pm
No.
No. You won't get a new BRP card. All BRP cards expire on 31 December 2024 when the e-visa system comes fully into effect.
Dear CR001, thank you very much for the prompt and precise reply I appriciate your time spent on reading and replying to my queries.

Could you please update me litte bit more on e visa system. Do I still have to apply for BRP renewal or shall I wait until My BRP Card (For indefinite leave to remain) expire in December 2024,and the home office will send me some link, or document to keep/maintain my ILR status automatically?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:48 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.