ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR with expired passport

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Applying ILR with expired passport

Post by rubyracer2 » Sat May 25, 2024 11:13 am

Dear Gurus, my children are eligible for ILR next year. However I am a naturalised citizen (previously Indian passport holder) and London VFS are declining to renew my kid's Indian passport because I surrendered my citizenship. There are multiple people in the same situation and we are trying to persuade the Indian High Commission that abroad born kids are not eligible for BC till both parents get ILR and hence will be stateless if their passports arent renewed

However, in case I am not able to, is it possible to apply ILR using an expired passport? My kids passport will expire in Jan and ILR is due in late april. Many thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Applying ILR with expired passport

Post by zimba » Sun May 26, 2024 1:49 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Sun May 26, 2024 12:27 pm

Thanks Zimba, I wonder if someone was able to actually apply with an expired passport and get approval for ILR

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun May 26, 2024 4:54 pm

rubyracer2 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 12:27 pm
Thanks Zimba, I wonder if someone was able to actually apply with an expired passport and get approval for ILR
UKVI will not punish you for something that is out of your control. If you cannot renew a passport for the child which is out of your control, UKVI will not object
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice