ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries for naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RishiAmin156
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Queries for naturalisation application

Post by RishiAmin156 » Sat May 25, 2024 5:26 pm

Hi all,

Over the past 7 years this forum has been my go to for all immigration related questions, so I want to say a big thank you! You definitely saved me ££££ in professional fees. I never posted because I always found the questions being asked before but now I can't find answers to the questions below while doing my naturalisation application:

- The application says that I must provide original passports. However I see online that people have submitted copies and it was fine. How do I go about keeping my original passport when I apply as I plan to travel during the application period?

- My passport is stamped on leaving and entry of every country I've been in the past 8 years. However, I've decided to provide further proof of my residence in the UK like payslips, bank statements, employment contracts. Is there a down side to providing more information than required? And my bank statements show my rent being paid monthly for the whole time I've been in the UK, except for 4 months where I didn't pay rent to my landlord due to a dispute that didn't result in any legal action. I am worried that if they analyse it in details, they may notice that and require further info which I am not sure would be positive for my application.
- I've made a mistake in one of the referees names, having 1 R in the online application but it actually has 2 Rs in the declaration and their passport, do I just put in an explanation saying it is a mistake?

Many thanks again!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Queries for naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Sat May 25, 2024 5:41 pm

- The application says that I must provide original passports. However I see online that people have submitted copies and it was fine. How do I go about keeping my original passport when I apply as I plan to travel during the application period?
No originals are submitted anymore. You simply need the original passport for the UKCVAS appointment to confirm your identity.
- My passport is stamped on leaving and entry of every country I've been in the past 8 years. However, I've decided to provide further proof of my residence in the UK like payslips, bank statements, employment contracts. Is there a down side to providing more information than required? And my bank statements show my rent being paid monthly for the whole time I've been in the UK, except for 4 months where I didn't pay rent to my landlord due to a dispute that didn't result in any legal action. I am worried that if they analyse it in details, they may notice that and require further info which I am not sure would be positive for my application.
DO NOT submit documents that YOU THINK are helpful. They are NOT. Submit ONLY what is required, all stamped pages of your passport!!
- I've made a mistake in one of the referees names, having 1 R in the online application but it actually has 2 Rs in the declaration and their passport, do I just put in an explanation saying it is a mistake?
Yes, in a short cover letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.