ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker visa renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

venkatk10
Newly Registered
India

Skilled worker visa renewal

Post by venkatk10 » Sun May 26, 2024 7:48 am

Hi All,

I came to UK on Jan 2021 on Tier 2 ICT dependent to my husband and got a job and started working on dependent visa. On Aug 2021 my company which I was working has provided me skilled worker COS for 3 years 3months then I applied for skilled worker visa (while I am continuing the job). I have received BRP in Oct 2021 with incorrect end date. So I have gone for review and got new BRP on Jan 2022 with end date which is 14Nov 2024( but my cos end date is 24OCT 2024).

My husband has switched his company and got a skilled worker visa for 2 years on Aug 2022 and my son(who is born in UK on April2022) is dependent to my husband so their visas are expiring in 24 Aug 2024.
Now my husband job is at risk and may not get extension. And they want to be my dependents
Now the questions are

1. How early I can go for skilled worker visa renewal keeping in my mind that my husband and son visa are expiring on 24Aug 2024
2. And how long years do I need to request for COS to eligible for ILR
3 what date do I need to count for applying to ILR because my I have submitted the application initially on Aug 2021 but I received the corrected BRP on Jan2022 which is almost 6 months gap in it.

Hope it is clear

Thanks
Venkat