ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No email from home office citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Chobe
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

No email from home office citizenship

Post by Chobe » Sun May 26, 2024 11:47 pm

I have received an invite on 16th April from leeds council to attend ceremony on 31st may. Unfortunately, I haven’t received confirmation email from home office. I have contacted home office using email address citizenship.support@homeoffice.gov.uk but no response. Should I cancel my ceremony date as leeds council won’t accept with no home office confirmation?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: No email from home office citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Mon May 27, 2024 5:49 am

Don’t cancel your ceremony!
The confirmation email tends to lag behind the council email. It often arrives up to a week later. You are approved as the council has received your certificate from the Home office.
No need to panic.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon May 27, 2024 9:41 am

I would let the council know you haven't received your email yet. Do chase again this week and take the lead from me council. I'd also urgently raise this with your MP as it's quite delayed. Do check your spam/junk folders.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Por
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Por » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:18 pm

Hi Chobe,
I'm in the same boat as you. I have my ceremony on Monday in leeds with no home office confirmation email. When I booked my ceremony a month ago, they told me council invitation email will be enough. Did you manage to attend your ceremony without the atlas email?
Thank you in advance for updating us :)

andshiga
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by andshiga » Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:02 pm

Also on the same boat here... and quite confident that nothing has gone to spam/junk.

Por
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Por » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:16 pm

Hi Andshiga,
I went in with my council invitation letter and passport; they were fine with them and did not even ask about the home office email. Looking at the forum I think there is a glitch in their system which is affecting many people. Good luck.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 10, 2024 7:25 pm

Congratulations !!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.