ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Social Groups in Your social, cultural and family ties

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Picard
United Kingdom

Dates on supporting documents and ILR application

Post by Picard » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:45 pm

Can I submit my application on the 1st of a month, then wait for the bank statement to arrive on the 7th and the latest payslip with confirmation of employment/payslips on the 15th of the month?

What's the time I have between the submission of the application and uploading?

I want to ensure that documents issued on the 7th and 15th won't impact the application submitted 1-2 weeks earlier.

I recall you can upload documents up until the day of the UKVCAS appointment, but I'm not sure about dates.

Thanks
P.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dates on supporting documents and ILR application

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:15 am

Documents must be dated up to 28 days BEFORE the date of application
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Picard
United Kingdom

Time spent outside the UK

Post by Picard » Tue May 28, 2024 6:36 pm

Hello

What does this sentence actually mean in the context of "Time spent outside the UK"

"Since you started living in the UK have you spent time outside the UK?
Do not include holidays of 2 weeks or less. Include any periods of time you have spent on the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey."

How to read this question? There are 2 parts:
1) Don't include 14 days or less - if a person was out of the UK for exactly 14 days consecutively (left on the 1st, came back on the 14th), there's no need to list it, correct? This differs from FLR(m) when they asked for any time abroad.

2) Include any periods spent in Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey - Is 1) still valid? If a person was in Jersey for 3 days, does it have to be included?

Thanks!
P.

Picard
United Kingdom

Social Groups in Your social, cultural and family ties

Post by Picard » Tue May 28, 2024 6:44 pm

After listing family in one field and friends in another from a home country there's a question about Social Groups.

"Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived?
This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries"

Answer: No

"Explain why not
This could include reasons you or your family would not be able to integrate into any of these countries"

Does this include why British-born partner wouldn't be able to integrate in "these countries" ?

Is answering this question like this appropriate:
"I rarely visit [Country], the last time in [Year]. Apart from family ties and occasional calls and rare contacts with a few of my friends, I'm not part of any social groups there. My life is in the UK with my partner where we are part of social groups."

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Social Groups in Your social, cultural and family ties

Post by AmazonianX » Wed May 29, 2024 5:05 am

Picard wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 6:44 pm
After listing family in one field and friends in another from a home country there's a question about Social Groups.

"Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived?
This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries"

Answer: No

"Explain why not
This could include reasons you or your family would not be able to integrate into any of these countries"

Does this include why British-born partner wouldn't be able to integrate in "these countries" ?

Is answering this question like this appropriate:
"I rarely visit [Country], the last time in [Year]. Apart from family ties and occasional calls and rare contacts with a few of my friends, I'm not part of any social groups there. My life is in the UK with my partner where we are part of social groups."
Answer it truthfully as it applies to you.
The decision of your application will not be determined by this question

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed May 29, 2024 9:55 am

None of those questions are important. They have no effect on your application. Just cover absences within the least 5 years
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:27 pm

zimba wrote:
Wed May 29, 2024 9:55 am
Just cover absences within the least 5 years
Anything above 14 days only, then? I don't have to enter anything 14 days or less, or travel to Guernsey/Jersey if lesser than 14 days?

Thanks

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:51 pm

Hi, a few other questions. Thanks in advance!

P60
How many P60s should the sponsor include: "A P60 for the relevant period(s) of employment relied upon"
Not sure if this means 6 months in line with the payslips requirement, the very last P60 wuold apply, or should it be from last 2.5 years or 5 years?

Council tax
"Evidence of council tax costs for the accommodation in the UK where you live or will live"
Should this be just the most recent council tax issues prior to the application or again, 2.5 years or 5 years?

Thanks!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:19 pm

In addition to the evidence listed above, P60 or P60s for the relevant period or
periods of employment (if issued) and a signed contract or contracts of employment
may also be submitted in respect of paid employment in the UK. If they are not
submitted, the decision-maker may grant the application if otherwise satisfied that
the requirements of Appendix FM-SE relating to that employment are met, or they
may ask for the documents to be submitted in accordance with paragraph D of the
Appendix.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... rement.pdf

You need to provide evidence of weekly council tax costs, so it is what you are paying per week at the moment
Under paragraph 12A(f) of Appendix FM-SE, the applicant must provide evidence of the monthly (or weekly) housing and Council Tax costs for the accommodation in the UK in which the applicant (and any other family members who are or will be part of the same household) lives or will live if the application is granted. As the calculations above refer to a weekly housing cost, any costs evidenced which are not weekly should be converted to a weekly figure, rounding down when this leads to a part of a penny.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... le-version