ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship is taking too long 😢

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Abzyy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British citizenship is taking too long 😢

Post by Abzyy » Wed May 29, 2024 7:54 pm

Hi, I've submitted my application on 5th of march and went to biometric appointment on 20th of march but I haven't heard anything yet.

It's so frustrating, I even sent emails to FNE but no reply.

They mentioned the process should take between 4 weeks - 6 months. I'm closer to the 4th month mark now still nothing, most of the people I've spoke with get their approvals in less than 10 weeks so I'm starting to freak out a bit. Should I be worried? 😢

alterhase58
Germany

Re: British citizenship is taking too long 😢

Post by alterhase58 » Wed May 29, 2024 9:12 pm

You won't get any interim updates from UKVI, the next you'll receive is the decision email.
The length of time it takes is no indication as to any issues - applications are processed manually and it's "hit and miss" how long it will take. You can't compare with other applicants' timing's because of the unpredictability of the timings in the first place.
Appreciate everyone is nervous and the longer it takes the more paranoid one gets (I was the same).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British citizenship is taking too long

Post by contorted_svy » Wed May 29, 2024 10:01 pm

No need to worry, standard processing times are up to 6 months. after that time has elapsed you can chase your application according to the instructions in this thread viewtopic.php?f=42&t=343483
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Abzyy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abzyy » Thu May 30, 2024 9:41 am

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I will keep an eye on my emails and will let you know the outcome 😊

Abzyy
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Abzyy » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:42 pm

Hi all, just to update on this. I have got my approval email today.

Thanks everyone for your help 😊

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:46 pm

Abzyy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2024 2:42 pm
Hi all, just to update on this. I have got my approval email today.

Thanks everyone for your help 😊
Congratulations

Jandali
Newly Registered

Post by Jandali » Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:46 pm

Congratulations 🥳. Can you please tell me what you typed in the emails that you sent to FNE ? Thank you

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:35 pm

Nothing that OP would have said would have helped the application, as the HO replied within the 6 months standard processing time.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

DrG24
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by DrG24 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 5:39 pm

Naturalization Application submitted in 20/10/2023 online (5 year Tier 2+1 yr ILR).

Biometric: 21/11/2023 (Manchester)

14/04/2024: standard email "Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target".

Still have not received anything? What is the advice at this stage?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:26 pm

Please open your own thread to ask questions - anyway review this thread with instructions on how to follow up late applications.