ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewed Passport Updating in UKVI

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

helpmehelpall
United Kingdom

Renewed Passport Updating in UKVI

Post by helpmehelpall » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:28 pm

Dear Experts,

Is it mandatory for us to update our Renewed Passport details on UKVI or else where?

Can we travel in & out of UK with Valid BRP but New Renwed Passport + keeping old passport along?

I am currently outside UK and had got my Passport Renewed so thought seeking your help on this before traveling back to UK.

Please advise

Thanks

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Renewed Passport Updating in UKVI

Post by lolo2 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:41 pm

You don't need to do anything.

The BRP is not tied to a passport. You can travel with the new passport + current BRP with no issues.

helpmehelpall
United Kingdom

Post by helpmehelpall » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:49 pm

Thanks Buddy,

Since i shall be traveling back to UK with my New Passport so if any other buddy could share their same like experience in recent past, i would be obliged.

Thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:30 am

helpmehelpall wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:49 pm
Thanks Buddy,

Since i shall be traveling back to UK with my New Passport so if any other buddy could share their same like experience in recent past, i would be obliged.

Thanks
This happens every day and is no different than the last time you travelled I.e. requirement of evidence of travel document or nationality is met with passport, requirement for status in UK or why you should be carried by airline and or allowed entry is met with BRP or visa vignette.