ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rexhyd
Newly Registered

ILR for Dependants

Post by rexhyd » Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:04 pm

Hi all,
My partner has received the ILR on 31st May based on SVW and we are now preparing for dependants applications.
Since our current permission is based on SWV visa of my partner, I am using SET (O) application. There is a question under section "The person you are joining or accompanying" for BRP number.
Could some one please confirm if I need provide the BRP number of
Skilled Worker Visa or ILR?

Also under the documentation required, there is no mention of cohabitation proofs. Is this normal or Am I using the wrong application type? I've chosen SET (O) and category "Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant".

Regards,
RH

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Dependants

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:34 am

BRP of the valid/most recent grant
SeT (O) is correct, no evidence of cohabitation asked for on the route

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:00 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:34 am
BRP of the valid/most recent grant
SeT (O) is correct, no evidence of cohabitation asked for on the route
Cohabitation evidence for last 2 years is required, to prove subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:23 pm

rexhyd wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2024 4:04 pm
Hi all,
My partner has received the ILR on 31st May based on SVW and we are now preparing for dependants applications.
Since our current permission is based on SWV visa of my partner, I am using SET (O) application. There is a question under section "The person you are joining or accompanying" for BRP number.
Could some one please confirm if I need provide the BRP number of
Skilled Worker Visa or ILR?

Also under the documentation required, there is no mention of cohabitation proofs. Is this normal or Am I using the wrong application type? I've chosen SET (O) and category "Skilled Worker, Tier 2 or International Sportsperson dependant".

Regards,
RH
Ably corrected by @CR001, do provide the cohabitation evidence.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 02, 2024 5:12 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:47 pm

Hi All,
We have submitted dependants applications for Biometrics booked for 7th July.
A) I have questions on the consent/declaration form to be submitted.
For me, the dependant partner, the checklist says:
1) Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mrs X(my partner, SWV holder, got ILR recently) for joint accounts or third party support
2) Declaration signed by Mrs X to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.

In the family consent PDF, Page 1 of the consent form is for the applicant(myself) and page2 is to be signed by Mrs X(partner/joint owner).
I am just not clear on the ask by Home Office on the checklist. Do I need to sign Page 1 and Mrs X Page 2 and it will suffice both 1 and 2? or Mrs X should be signing the both?

B) Similarly, for the child(Above 18 years now)We've mentioned Mrs X would be the responsible parent.
The document checklist says:
Declaration signed by Mrs X to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks

Mrs X needs to sign Page 1? Or child on page1 since above 18 now and Mrs X on page 2?(there are no joint ownership documents being submitted).

C) For the Child(above 18 years now), Current passport, Previous passports, current BRP and Declaration were the only documents asked. Are there any hidden requirements (like Cohabitation proofs for partner)
that needs to be submitted. I've decided to submit bank statements to show that the child lives with the parents.

Thanks in Advance,
RH

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:55 am

Applicant signs part 1, spouse signs part 2, and part 3 is ignored.
Anyone above 18 must sign part 1 themselves

Cohabitation is only the spouse. Adult children must demonstrate that they are not leading an independent life.
See links below:

Extra documents for children over 16
Children 18 and over
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

rexhyd
Newly Registered

Post by rexhyd » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:53 pm

Thanks @Zimba for the clarification. That was my understanding too, but got confused with the wordings in the checklist.
(1) Consent form for the Home Office to request verification checks on Mrs X(my partner, SWV holder, got ILR recently) for joint accounts or third party support- Page 2
2) Declaration signed by Mrs X to confirm consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.- Page1)

Just worried about submitting incorrect or insufficient documentation. Is this normal or known thing to ask about the main visa holder's consent at all places instead of mentioning the applicant?

Regards,
RH

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:00 pm

The checklist is autogenerated and it is generic. It does not take into consideration that the child added is above 18, etc. You do not need to worry