ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happens after 1 year of post study work visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jessie1416
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

What happens after 1 year of post study work visa?

Post by jessie1416 » Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:20 pm

Hello, do you get one year post study work visa after bachelors just to look for jobs or it it the maximum time you can work in Ireland? What happens if I get a job? Can I stay long 2 or 5 years for Stamp 4?

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Re: What happens after 1 year of post study work visa?

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:33 am

The legal pathway, as described on https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... y-2011.pdf, is as follows:
It may be possible to stay in Ireland after you complete your studies for the purpose of seeking employment under the Irish Third Level Graduate Programme. This scheme exists to allow legally resident non-EEA third level graduates to remain in Ireland for the purpose of seeking employment and applying for a work permit.
During the period of permission under the Irish Third Level Graduate Programme a student can work full time (up to 40hrs per week). Students must hold a current Stamp 2 student immigration permission and an up-to-date immigration registration card, and must apply within six months of being notified by the relevant awarding body or institution that they have achieved the award for which they had enrolled as a student. Eligible students will be granted a Stamp 1G.

One Year Permission under the Third Level Graduate Scheme Permission:
To be eligible for a one year permission under the third level graduate scheme a student is required to have:
  • studied in Ireland on an ILEP-listed programme and completed a qualification at NFQ
    Level 8-10,
  • an award granted by a recognised Irish awarding body (overseas accreditation
    will not be accepted), i.e.
* QQI
* Institutes of Technology or technological universities
* Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
* Universities
* Other bodies that have statutory award-making powers in Irish law
Graduates with an award at NFQ Level 9 or above may have their permissions renewed for a further period of twelve months (subject to the overall eight year limit on student conditions not being exceeded) where the graduate satisfies the immigration authorities that he or she has taken appropriate steps to access
suitable graduate level employment (for example, attendance at job interviews, signing up with graduate employment agencies).

jessie1416
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by jessie1416 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 4:13 pm

AlmostIrish_111 wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:33 am
The legal pathway, as described on https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... y-2011.pdf, is as follows:
It may be possible to stay in Ireland after you complete your studies for the purpose of seeking employment under the Irish Third Level Graduate Programme. This scheme exists to allow legally resident non-EEA third level graduates to remain in Ireland for the purpose of seeking employment and applying for a work permit.
During the period of permission under the Irish Third Level Graduate Programme a student can work full time (up to 40hrs per week). Students must hold a current Stamp 2 student immigration permission and an up-to-date immigration registration card, and must apply within six months of being notified by the relevant awarding body or institution that they have achieved the award for which they had enrolled as a student. Eligible students will be granted a Stamp 1G.

One Year Permission under the Third Level Graduate Scheme Permission:
To be eligible for a one year permission under the third level graduate scheme a student is required to have:
  • studied in Ireland on an ILEP-listed programme and completed a qualification at NFQ
    Level 8-10,
  • an award granted by a recognised Irish awarding body (overseas accreditation
    will not be accepted), i.e.
* QQI
* Institutes of Technology or technological universities
* Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
* Universities
* Other bodies that have statutory award-making powers in Irish law
Graduates with an award at NFQ Level 9 or above may have their permissions renewed for a further period of twelve months (subject to the overall eight year limit on student conditions not being exceeded) where the graduate satisfies the immigration authorities that he or she has taken appropriate steps to access
suitable graduate level employment (for example, attendance at job interviews, signing up with graduate employment agencies).
I understand that but which Stamp am I gonna be on while I am working and how long does that visa allow me to work and stay in Ireland?

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:44 pm

If you have a graduate visa, it's stamp 1G.

You get a 1G visa which is valid for a year. You can find a job and work on it without sponsorship, but once the visa expires, you have no further pathway.
You need to find a job that will sponsor you and switch to a visa related to this sponsorship (is stamp 1) to stay in the country before your 1G expires.

Hope its clear now.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.