ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation application: Document x-check and questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eastv
Newly Registered
Germany

British Naturalisation application: Document x-check and questions

Post by Eastv » Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:36 pm

Hi all,

this board has been incredibly helpful so far!

Would you be so kind and x-check my application documents for my British naturalisation/citizenship and the questions I have below?

About me: EU national, in UK since 2016, settled status for about 2.5 years

I am planning to submit:
  • Cover letter explaining the attached (below) documents briefly
  • PDF doc with absences and brief explanations
    Q1: If I were to have home office records, do I need to attach those too?
    Q2: For trips where I entered multiple countries, I have entered in the application form the "main" country I have been to. In this document here, I would explain all countries I have visited in the period where I was absent from the UK. You think this is OK?
  • PDF document with address history since 2016 and proof docs
    Q3: I have attached tenancy agreements for all tenancies, except one, where I was only able to find a council tax bill. Is that sufficient?
  • outcome letter of my EU settlement scheme application
  • P60s of last 5 years PLUS monthly payslips since 2016
  • employment letter verifying current (and indefinite) employment
  • email of flight booking when I entered the UK prior to start of my first employment
  • 2 scanned referee letters
  • scanned passport (all pages)
Q4:: Anything else obvious I am missing? Do I need to attach anything of my (unmarried) partner, who is not part of this application? (no criminal convictions or anything which would need any explanation.

English + LitUK test result is given per reference number, given I didn't receive any certificate.

Thank you!!!

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: British Naturalisation application: Document x-check and questions

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:23 pm

Eastv wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:36 pm
Hi all,

this board has been incredibly helpful so far!

Would you be so kind and x-check my application documents for my British naturalisation/citizenship and the questions I have below?

About me: EU national, in UK since 2016, settled status for about 2.5 years

I am planning to submit:
  • Cover letter explaining the attached (below) documents briefly
Not required
  • PDF doc with absences and brief explanations Not required
    Q2: For trips where I entered multiple countries, I have entered in the application form the "main" country I have been toGood. In this document here, I would explain all countries I have visited in the period where I was absent from the UK. You think this is OK?
  • PDF document with address history since 2016 and proof docs Not required
    Q3: I have attached tenancy agreements for all tenancies, except one, where I was only able to find a council tax bill. Is that sufficient?
  • outcome letter of my EU settlement scheme application
  • P60s of last 5 years PLUS monthly payslips since 2016
Payslips not required
  • employment letter verifying current (and indefinite) employment
Not required
  • email of flight booking when I entered the UK prior to start of my first employment
  • 2 scanned referee letters
  • scanned passport (all pages)
Q4:: Anything else obvious I am missing? Do I need to attach anything of my (unmarried) partner, who is not part of this application? (no criminal convictions or anything which would need any explanation. Not required

English + LitUK test result is given per reference number, given I didn't receive any certificate.

Thank you!!!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British Naturalisation application: Document x-check and questions

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:07 pm

Not needed.

email of flight booking when I entered the UK prior to start of my first employment
Not required.

Q4:: Anything else obvious I am missing? Do I need to attach anything of my (unmarried) partner, who is not part of this application? (no criminal convictions or anything which would need any explanation.
No need to attach details about your partner or anything else.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.