ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

e-Visa incorrect info, can I re-enter UK with valid BRP?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rk12345
Newly Registered
India

e-Visa incorrect info, can I re-enter UK with valid BRP?

Post by rk12345 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:53 pm

Applied for e-visa on receiving email, and had the same issue as many others - the e-visa was showing a previous immigration status rather than ILR. Raised complaint nearly 3 weeks ago, was told that it was a technical issue but no update as of yet. They have said they cannot give a timeline to resolve the matter.

The previous immigration status was originally only due to expire in 2025 as well, until I got ILR

Issue is that I am due to return to the UK this weekend. I have my BRP with the correct information. Have tried contacting High Commission as well as the Resolution centre line, but they cannot give travel advice about whether the (still valid) BRP is enough or if the e-visa issue will create problems in re-entering UK?

Is it safe to fly back home? Has anybody experienced this yet?

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: e-Visa incorrect info, can I re-enter UK with valid BRP?

Post by lolo2 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:19 pm

That's not an issue. This e-system is not yet fully implemented.

People can still use a physical BRP to board a flight back to the UK, despite being notified to open an eVisa account.

There's a statement in the HO factsheet in this regard:
For now, customers should continue to use their BRP as they have previously and visit www.gov.uk/evisa for updates. This includes taking their BRP with them when they travel internationally.
As long as your BRP card is not expired (for travel purposes), there is nothing to worry about.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:27 pm

rk12345 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:53 pm
Applied for e-visa on receiving email, and had the same issue as many others - the e-visa was showing a previous immigration status rather than ILR. Raised complaint nearly 3 weeks ago, was told that it was a technical issue but no update as of yet. They have said they cannot give a timeline to resolve the matter.

The previous immigration status was originally only due to expire in 2025 as well, until I got ILR

Issue is that I am due to return to the UK this weekend. I have my BRP with the correct information. Have tried contacting High Commission as well as the Resolution centre line, but they cannot give travel advice about whether the (still valid) BRP is enough or if the e-visa issue will create problems in re-entering UK?

Is it safe to fly back home? Has anybody experienced this yet?
Is your BRP still valid? If yes that ensures the airline carries you. The situation can be explained and your complaint tendered at UK PoE if required.

rk12345
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk12345 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:29 pm

Yes, the BRP is valid until the end of the year.

Would you be able to explain the UK PoE process you mention?

Thank you both for the advice!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:38 pm

rk12345 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:29 pm
Yes, the BRP is valid until the end of the year.

Would you be able to explain the UK PoE process you mention?

Thank you both for the advice!
PoE is point of entry or border I.e. Airport in most cases.
Show them same BRP, if there is question of it being inconsisten with what immigration officer is looking at on database then you can explain.

rk12345
Newly Registered
India

Post by rk12345 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:43 pm

I see, thank you for explaining.