ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance/spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ellieandhenri
Newly Registered

fiance/spouse visa

Post by ellieandhenri » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi all, my partner currently lives in america n im in england.... we was thinking of applying for a fiance visa then when his here gtin married then applyin for a spouse visa. can anyone tell me how this all wrks and how long the process wil take and how much its all goin to cost. im guessin its not goin to b as straight forward as it is writin it lol. also is their anything else that needs to be done or applied for that i am unaware about.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:29 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: fiance/spouse visa

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm

ellieandhenri wrote:Hi all, my partner currently lives in america n im in england.... we was thinking of applying for a fiance visa then when his here gtin married then applyin for a spouse visa. can anyone tell me how this all wrks and how long the process wil take and how much its all goin to cost. im guessin its not goin to b as straight forward as it is writin it lol. also is their anything else that needs to be done or applied for that i am unaware about.
How old u r both?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ObamaBinLaden
Newly Registered

Post by ObamaBinLaden » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:11 am

you should get your visa a week after you submit it. getting married in britain takes a long time and theres alot of bureaucracy. its not like getting married in america, where you just show up.