ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling out of uk during term break

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Namal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travelling out of uk during term break

Post by Namal » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:57 am

i am student at university at ,UK Univeristy. i am on student visa. my student visa will end in october. in june 15 to 25, i have term break. i want to travel back to pakistan to get married so that my spouse can come as my depenedent visa in uk. she can only come before october, after october i will get works visa, on my this visa my spouse cannot come as depenedent. i asked the univerity for permission to travel. university told me that immigiration will cause issues on airport for travelling dusring mid term. and told me if necessory, i should give university a document telling reason of travelling but she suggested me to travel on vacatipns. but it urgent for me to travel on june. suggest me

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Travelling out of uk during term break

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:59 am

You can travel within break I.e. you ain't skipping lectures in term time without issues.

Namal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Namal » Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:05 am

Yes exactly I a not skipping any lectures. But university advised me not to travel other than vacation as this is a term break so immigration will cause issues.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:22 am

Do not see an issue about this at all, however the University's response could stem from previous experiences as they deal with larger population and so able to speak correctly on this.
If won't be an issue, tell University reason why you are travelling and get a letter from Uni stating you are travelling within break, your academic pursuit not affected and date when you are expected back.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:13 pm

Namal wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:57 am
i want to travel back to pakistan to get married so that my spouse can come as my depenedent visa in uk.
Be aware that you can only sponsor your spouse as a student dependent if you are doing a post-graduate course.

I agree with @AmazonianX that I don't see it as an issue for you to travel outside the UK during a term break.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 9:33 am

Namal wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 5:05 am
university advised me not to travel other than vacation as this is a term break so immigration will cause issues.
Immigration authorities have no idea and no interest in whether you are travelling during term time or in a vacation. That is delegated to universities to monitor your attendance and engagement on the course during term-time. You just need their permission to travel during term-time.

If someone at the university is saying something like "we agree it is fine, but you might get stopped at the border", that is utter nonsense. Personally, I would recommend complaining about that wrong advice. I hope it was not the person who is supposed to be the visa expert.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.