ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR skilled worker with family

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Post by CrazySignal » Fri May 10, 2024 12:29 am

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted some advice on the following queries before I apply for ILR shortly.
My T1 visa was issued on 20 May 2019.
Entered UK on T1 in 15 June 2019 and I switched from T1 to skilled visa in Aug 2021 and that visa expires in Sept 2024.
In the first year (May/June 2019- June 2020) I had more than 180 days of absences (around 4 weeks beyond, this includes delayed entry after visa was issued.)

My questions are:
1. I know the earliest to apply for ILR is 28 days before the visa issued first (around 22 April 2024). But due to the absence beyond 180 days in that first year, should I delay my application by at least 4 weeks so that working backwards, it will be less that 180 days in that first year? Is that correct? So the earliest could be in the later in May?

2. Given I am on skilled visa route now, how much of evidence do I need to send regarding my T1 time? Should I include anything about the buinsess etc or isthat now irrelvant?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Post by zimba » Fri May 10, 2024 1:26 am

1. Yes
2. No evidence needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Switched from T1 Entrepreneur visa to Skilled Visa- ILR application

Post by CrazySignal » Fri May 10, 2024 6:34 pm

Thank you Zimba.

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR skilled worker with family

Post by CrazySignal » Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:37 am

Hi
Thanks for all the guidance but have few queries regarding ILR application for both myself and family.

Currently on Skilled Work visa.
I am planning to apply shortly and then hopefully to apply for family afterwards.

1. So I should apply using Set (O) and for family it would Set (M) provided I have my ILR in place?
2. I have a son who would turn 18 at the end of this month. Would it be ok to include him under my application (to avoid the hassle of LIUK tests and English requirements)? It would be few day before his 18th birthday.
3. Is it ok to break the applications - my ILR with son and my wife with my other U18s separately?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR skilled worker with family

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:45 am

1. It is form SET O for all of you.

2. Your son only qualifies for ILR when your spouse does. If you are not all applying together, he can only apply when your spouse does.

3. Yes, but you first in your own and then dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CrazySignal » Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:32 am

Thank you @CR001

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CrazySignal » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:39 pm

Hi again Champions,
Queries keep popping up.
So this time re my wife. So we arrived to the UK on T1 and I converted it to Skilled Visa mid way.

So my family also converted as a Skilled Visa dependent. Now I will be applying to ILR soon and hoping to apply for the family once I get my ILR.

Question is will my wife need to prove English requirement for the ILR if :
a. Applying for ILR as spouse of a settled person
b. apply for ILR as spouse of skilled worker dependent who got ILR

Just checking if it’s possible to avoid at all as we have a baby and not easy to spend time.
She does have an IELTS but that’s expired and would not been used for initial T1 dependent applications (dependents didn’t need it anyways I think).

Also in case she has to sit with us the easiest to sit.

Thanks so much in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 8:47 pm

She needs the SELT IELTS B1 English test. There is no way to avoid that.

She also needs the Life in the UK Test
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CrazySignal » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:38 pm

Thank you again CR001.

So I assume any one of the following B1 will do for both for wife and son who would turn 18:

Pearson
Trinity College London
IELTS SELT Consortium
LanguageCert

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 9:42 pm

Yes, if that is off the UKVI approved list.

18 year old also needs LIUK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CrazySignal » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:41 am

Hi all
Just quick query.
I was filling up Set O and was asked list all absences from the day of first entry.
As I mentioned above my worry is the first year where I may have gone beyond the stipulated 180 days (it’s about 185 days) from date of arrival to one year after that. (Pls Note: I had been travelling in and out of the UK about 3/4 times in that first year and it’s not a whole block of 185 days)

1. Will that 185 days be taken as ‘continuous residence is considered to be broken’ and therefore be an issue?
2. So I have delayed the application to the extent that when I count backwards from application date (+ say 15 days), that first year will now have less than 180 days absence owing up the fact that I was inside the UK at times and the initial absence will be out of the boundaries of the first year. Is this ok?
3. Should I mention all this in a cover letter?

Many thanks in advance and apologies if I had repeated anything.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:16 am

The 5 years will be the date of decision and counting 5 years backwards. Absences outside this will not matter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CrazySignal
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by CrazySignal » Sat Jun 29, 2024 11:51 am

Thank you Zimba