ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elgibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nvs_nvs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Elgibility

Post by nvs_nvs » Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:35 pm

Dear Members,

My wife came to UK 2014 June as tier1 dependent and last visa approved on Feb 2024 for 2.5 years as spouse of Settled person.
I would like to apply SET(LR) for my wife, but , I seen a note under ELGIBILITY
''You’ll usually need to have held your current permission for one year''

Please advice What is it mean, Can she apply for SET(LR) now or she need to wait until Feb2025?

Thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Elgibility

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:06 pm

Did she switch to the family route in 2024 or she held a family visa before that?
That requirement is poorly worded where you looked but in fact, this is about the time spent under the current immigration route, NOT the current visa.

This is clear in the relevant guide:
The applicant must also have had permission on their current immigration route for at least 12 months on the date of application or have been exempt from immigration control within the 12 months immediately before the date of application. This requirement does not apply where the applicant’s current permission was granted before 11 April 2024.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accessible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

nvs_nvs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nvs_nvs » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:24 pm

Thank you Zimba for your post.
Actually , this is her third extension on family route.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:52 pm

nvs_nvs wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:24 pm
Then there is no issue for her to apply as she has been under that route for more than 12 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:56 pm

nvs_nvs wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:24 pm
On form FLR M spouse of settled person??

If she has done a third extension on FLR M, why hasn't she applied for ILR yet? When did you get ilr?

Or did she only switch to FLR M spouse of settled person this year and was a tier 1 dependent visa holder before?

It is not clear from your post. When we say family route, that is only the spouse of settled person route.

Useful to state her exact history and visas held.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nvs_nvs
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by nvs_nvs » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:02 pm

thank you for your posts

She came to UK as tier 1 dependent. In 2017 I Granted ILR, so i changed her visa to Family route visa.
unfortunatly the home office haven't agreed my financial requirements, so granted FLR(FP) in 2018.
Again FLR(FP) granted in 2023.