ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Set(M) - 28 day rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blueredrhino
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR Set(M) - 28 day rule

Post by blueredrhino » Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:57 pm

Hi All,

I am due to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the coming months. I entered the UK 28th August 2019. I was planning to apply early August 2024 using the super priority service. I just needed some clarity/guidance on the following:

If i were to apply early august using the super priority service, and biometric appointments were available in mid to end of August 2024, could my application be rejected if at the time of my biometrics I am yet to complete 5 years of residence? Would the biometrics appointment have to be after 28th August 2024 to ensure 5 years of residence?

Many thanks for all responses.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Set(M) - 28 day rule

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 7:00 pm

could my application be rejected if at the time of my biometrics I am yet to complete 5 years of residence?
No.
Would the biometrics appointment have to be after 28th August 2024 to ensure 5 years of residence?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Set(M) - 28 day rule

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:02 am

There has never been such a thing as '28 day rule'. That is simply a UKVI concession which applies to all applications for ILR. This allows people to get ILR slightly earlier using this concession
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice