ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from Home Office about replacing BRP with an eVisa despite having received my British passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Email from Home Office about replacing BRP with an eVisa despite having received my British passport

Post by Geordie2023 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:08 pm

Dear all,

I was granted British citizenship in February 2024 and promptly returned my BRP. Yet I have been sent an email by the Home Office telling me to replace by BRP with an eVisa as well a reminder.

I'm not sure what my next steps should be. I can't find an email address to contact them and let them know that I am now a British citizen and no longer in possession of the BRP.

I would really appreciate your advice in this matter.

With thanks in advance for your help.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Email from Home Office about replacing BRP with an eVisa despite having received my British passport

Post by Geordie2023 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:15 pm

I wanted to add that I'm now have both British and Pakistani nationalities.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Email from Home Office about replacing BRP with an eVisa despite having received my British passport

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:23 pm

Ignore it. Not relevant to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Geordie2023
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Geordie2023 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:40 am

Thank you!