ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I delay in registration/naturalisation for Kids born in UK?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NCL12
Newly Registered
India

Can I delay in registration/naturalisation for Kids born in UK?

Post by NCL12 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:45 am

Hi Everyone,

Is there a time slot or a deadline until when I have to apply for kids registration/naturalisation ? The reason to ask is that I recently applied and successfully received my ILR (wife and I) about two days ago. However, it was terribly expensive and there was no priority service option available, so we went through the super priority service which added further to the cost. In total I paid around £8000 for our application.

For context I applied for ILR being on GTV (Set(0)) 3 years route. Our visa (including kids, born in UK) is valid until next week. If there is possibility to wait at least until the end of the month?

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Can I delay in registration/naturalisation for Kids born in UK?

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:00 pm

You can apply any time you want as long as children fulfill statutory requirements. The only time limit is before they turn 18.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

NCL12
Newly Registered
India

Post by NCL12 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:52 pm

Thank you for your answer. Just to confirm then, the kids won't be at the risk of overstaying their visa in this case?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:13 pm

Once their visas expire they are overstayers.

This doesn't impact a UK born child's entitlement to register as British though.

NHS use though, is not free once their visas expire.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:14 pm

UK born kids don't need a visa to live in the UK. They become technically overstayers but it wouldn't impact their registration application. If their visa expires they won't be eligible for free NHS care so I would advise arranging private health insurance. It is a very common scenario.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

NCL12
Newly Registered
India

Post by NCL12 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:36 pm

Okay, many thanks to both contorted_svy and cr001 for the answers. I only want to wait until the salary date and then I'll apply straight away. It's just that it's an added more than £3k (two kids) expense within two weeks of our ILR application (made ridiculously expensive).

Many many thanks for your help.

I assume this overstay wouldn't have any other implications later.

Regards

NCL12
Newly Registered
India

Post by NCL12 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:52 pm

NCL12 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:36 pm
Okay, many thanks to both contorted_svy and cr001 for the answers. I only want to wait until the salary date and then I'll apply straight away. It's just that it's an added more than £3k (two kids) expense within two weeks of our ILR application (made ridiculously expensive).

Many many thanks for your help.

I assume this overstay wouldn't have any other implications later.

Regards
Apologies, in case I apply for their registration now, do I need two referees for both my kids? And when I apply, if I get the date for biometric submission beyond the visa expiry, will they still be considered as overstayers ?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:58 pm

You need two referees (it can be the same two referees for both kids). Registration isn't an immigration application; once their visa expires your kids will technically become overstayers regardless of when your biometrics appointment for registration is. Section 3c doesn't apply to registration.