ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP error/lengeth of stay

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omaromar11
Newly Registered
Jordan

BRP error/lengeth of stay

Post by omaromar11 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:19 pm

My wife received an email from the Home Office stating that her application to extend her dependent visa was successful. However, the BRP is only valid until May 21st, 2024. We waited for the BRP to arrive, hoping everything would be correct, but it turned out otherwise. I called the HO, and they said I have to undergo an administrative review, which could take up to 6 months. This is a nightmare as we are relocating in 3 months and have essential travel plans.
Please let me know what the best option we have is.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: BRP error/lengeth of stay

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:32 pm

omaromar11 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:19 pm
My wife received an email from the Home Office stating that her application to extend her dependent visa was successful. However, the BRP is only valid until May 21st, 2024. We waited for the BRP to arrive, hoping everything would be correct, but it turned out otherwise. I called the HO, and they said I have to undergo an administrative review, which could take up to 6 months. This is a nightmare as we are relocating in 3 months and have essential travel plans.
Please let me know what the best option we have is.

Either the AR you were told or lodging a complaint. There is no guarantee of which will be faster to accommodate your made travel plans.

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: BRP error/lengeth of stay

Post by Korekt » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:03 pm

There may be other factors involved. You may post the full details of the decision removing personal details.

If you're certain it's an error on their part, you can request a reconsideration.

Some have done this by sending an email message to the caseworker or the department that made the decision.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."