ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ecctis certification

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rock_star
India

Ecctis certification

Post by rock_star » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:08 pm

Hi all,

I am trying to get Ecctis certification for my English proof. I am an India and studied in one of NIT( earlier REC) . I uploaded college degree certificate and college transcript stating that language of Engineering education was English.

Problem: Some college use that Degree was issued by University even though Admin is off college.

Now transcript is from college as there is no admin for this in University.

Ecctis not considering my application saying I need to get transcript from University and that is not possible as University don't keep any records and it is college administration.

Bit lost to be honest. Please help.

Thanks

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Ecctis certification

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:13 pm

Maybe simpler to take an English test (B1)?
Cost same as ECCTIS I believe>
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:22 pm

Could be. Bit my application for citizenship already submitted.

I had already proved my English qualification with same documents when I got ILR.

And, home office want me prove it again!

I am afraid not much time I got for test.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:29 pm

You got ILR 12 years ago via Tier 1 General based on your posting history.

Of course UKVI will expect to see updated valid proof you meet the English language requirement for Citizenship if you got ILR before 13 October 2012, which apparently you did as your PEO appointment was on 8th October 2012.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:31 pm

You will be asked to take the B1 test. So best to make arrangements to take it and submit relevant evidence as soon as possible as if you don't meet this statutory requirement your application will be refused.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:29 pm
You got ILR 12 years ago via Tier 1 General based on your posting history.

Of course UKVI will expect to see updated valid proof you meet the English language requirement for Citizenship if you got ILR before 13 October 2012, which apparently you did as your PEO appointment was on 8th October 2012.
I understand, CR001. Point is I have already gone through and I have submitted same documents. In fact got a latest transcript as well from College saying my education was in English.
Degree Certificate won't change.

To meet the ask by Home office again - I asked ecctis to issue certificate and provided required documents.
Admin operations have changed from University to respective college where I studied. University can not issue the transcript as they don't do admin work of colleges anymore.

These kind of admin operation changes are common in India where I have no control over.
Transcripts have all contact details of college administration email,phone fax etc.

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:41 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:31 pm
You will be asked to take the B1 test. So best to make arrangements to take it and submit relevant evidence as soon as possible as if you don't meet this statutory requirement your application will be refused.
That would be unfair to be honest. I am providing document which are true. Let us see.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:45 pm

UKVI is not accepting what you have submitted.

Get a B1 English test booked as soon as possible. No point going back and forth with India when you are not going to get what UKVI need. They will simply refuse your application. They don't care about the hassle you are going through and then not getting what UKVI has asked for.
rock_star wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:41 pm
That would be unfair to be honest. I am providing document which are true. Let us see.
That is your opinion and view, it isn't unfair, you either meet the requirements UKVI states or you don't, it is that simple. Citizenship is not a mandatory application, it is at discretion and can be refused if you don't provide what is required to prove you meet the requirements.

You should have done a B1 test before you applied, to keep it simple and not cause unnecessary delays.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:10 pm

rock_star wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:41 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:31 pm
UKVI decide their own rules on what they accept or don't. We can have our own views, but they have guidance that they follow and it is up to them to decide which applications follow their requirements and which don't. You spent £1630 to apply, I would invest £150 on a test and have the reassurance I am meeting all the stated requirements rather than hold on to a matter of principle. It is your decision.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

rock_star
India

Post by rock_star » Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:13 pm

Understood, thanks guys.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:24 am

rock_star wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2024 8:13 pm
Understood, thanks guys.
Go for the B1 English language test and put this to rest.