ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short by 41days for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S261613
Newly Registered
India

Short by 41days for ILR

Post by S261613 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:33 pm

Hello everyone,

I am currently on an ICT visa set to expire on April 4, 2025. I first entered the UK on May 15, 2015, and my wife and son have been with me throughout this period. I have only spent 147 days outside the UK in total.

I am working full-time, but I am uncertain whether my visa will be renewed after April 4, 2025.

By that time, I will be just 41 days short of the 10-year continuous residence requirement needed to apply for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain).

Could you please advise on my options for applying for ILR or suggest other visa types I might consider?

Thank you very much for your help!

Teksman
United Kingdom

Re: Short by 41days for ILR

Post by Teksman » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:39 pm

Assuming the current rules do not change by April 2025, you should apply for the ILR just before your visa expires but book biometrics for a date in May 2025. You should granted the ILR as long as your application is considered on any date that is 28 days or less before 15 May 2025.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Short by 41days for ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:04 am

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice