ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost passport and applying for ILR SET (M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Unaisa89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR SET M application advice please

Post by Unaisa89 » Thu May 30, 2024 6:30 pm

Hi, I'm about to apply for ilr application after 5-year Spouse visa. I have a couple of queries and would greatly appreciate any advice.

1. Do I need to include all pages of both my passport and my husband's passport?
2. Can I do my own ILR application or do I need a solicitor to do it for me?
3. Do I need a cover letter to support my application?
4. I'm on maternity leave, do I need to send six months payslips prior to my maternity leave?

Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET M application advice please

Post by AmazonianX » Fri May 31, 2024 4:53 am

Unaisa89 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 6:30 pm
Hi, I'm about to apply for ilr application after 5-year Spouse visa. I have a couple of queries and would greatly appreciate any advice.

1. Do I need to include all pages of both my passport and my husband's passport? All pages or pages containing immigration history covering qualifying period of applicant, biometrics page for husband.
2. Can I do my own ILR application or do I need a solicitor to do it for me? You can do it, using solicitor does not confer any advantage, if you have any queries, ask here.
3. Do I need a cover letter to support my application? Not necessarily; relevant if there are further details or clarification you think is required on any matter not sufficiently covered in the online form and that can impact the outcome/decision.
4. I'm on maternity leave, do I need to send six months payslips prior to my maternity leave? If using your income yes, and corroborating evidence of being on maternity leave e.g. included as part of employer letter.

Thank you

Unaisa89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Unaisa89 » Fri May 31, 2024 7:22 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 4:53 am
Unaisa89 wrote:

1. Do I need to include all pages of both my passport and my husband's passport? All pages or pages containing immigration history covering qualifying period of applicant, biometrics page for husband.
2. Can I do my own ILR application or do I need a solicitor to do it for me? You can do it, using solicitor does not confer any advantage, if you have any queries, ask here.
3. Do I need a cover letter to support my application? Not necessarily; relevant if there are further details or clarification you think is required on any matter not sufficiently covered in the online form and that can impact the outcome/decision.
4. I'm on maternity leave, do I need to send six months payslips prior to my maternity leave? If using your income yes, and corroborating evidence of being on maternity leave e.g. included as part of employer letter.

Thank you
Thank you for your response.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri May 31, 2024 12:11 pm

Unaisa89 wrote:

1. Do I need to include all pages of both my passport and my husband's passport?
4. I'm on maternity leave, do I need to send six months payslips prior to my maternity leave?

Thank you
Just to check, I assume you are NOT under the skilled worker dependant visa ??
You must have been holding a family/spouse visa for 5 years to apply using form SET(M) and NOT any dependant visa. This is very common mistake I see here
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Unaisa89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Unaisa89 » Fri May 31, 2024 1:33 pm

zimba wrote:
Fri May 31, 2024 12:11 pm
Unaisa89 wrote:

Thank you
Just to check, I assume you are NOT under the skilled worker dependant visa ??
You must have been holding a family/spouse visa for 5 years to apply using form SET(M) and NOT any dependant visa. This is very common mistake I see here
Yes I am applying on 5 year Spouse visa.

Unaisa89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Lost passport and applying for ILR SET (M)

Post by Unaisa89 » Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:52 pm

Hi there,

I'm due to upload my documents for ILR. However, it says to upload my old passport which I don't have and has been lost for ages. I do have a passport which was issued in 2016.

I came to the UK as a dependent on my mother who was on a student visa in 2005. I lost my passport then applied for a new one in 2016. I applied for Spouse visa under the 5 year rule in 2019 and I have now applied for ILR but they are asking for my old passport on the document checklist.

Please advise. Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Lost passport and applying for ILR SET (M)

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:03 am

Unaisa89 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:52 pm
Hi there,

I'm due to upload my documents for ILR. However, it says to upload my old passport which I don't have and has been lost for ages. I do have a passport which was issued in 2016.

I came to the UK as a dependent on my mother who was on a student visa in 2005. I lost my passport then applied for a new one in 2016. I applied for Spouse visa under the 5 year rule in 2019 and I have now applied for ILR but they are asking for my old passport on the document checklist.

Please advise. Thank you
Do you have passport covering 5year period from start
of spouse route till date? If yes provide this.

Can you state specifically how the old passport was asked for on the document checklist that made you believe it is referring to old lost passport

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Jun 09, 2024 4:12 am

Unaisa89 wrote:
Hi there,

Please advise. Thank you
Only the passports covering the last 5 years is needed
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Unaisa89
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Unaisa89 » Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:54 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:03 am
Unaisa89 wrote:
Hi there,

Please advise. Thank you

Can you state specifically how the old passport was asked for on the document checklist that made you believe it is referring to old lost passport
Yes I have a passport covering 5 year period from the start of spouse visa. I will provide this.

It states on the document checklist 'All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK.'

I don't have a national identity card and as I mentioned I lost my old passport which I used to enter the UK.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 09, 2024 11:57 am

Unaisa89 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 7:54 am
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 1:03 am
Unaisa89 wrote:
Hi there,

Please advise. Thank you

Yes I have a passport covering 5 year period from the start of spouse visa. I will provide this. Do provide it, should be sufficient.

It states on the document checklist 'All previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK.'

I don't have a national identity card not mandatory and as I mentioned I lost my old passport which I used to enter the UK.