ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa extension or ILR application.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Npa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Dependent visa extension or ILR application.

Post by Npa » Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:54 pm

Hello
I was on PBS visa for 5 years from (September 2018- September 2024). Since I qualified for ILR before the extension visa expired, I applied for ILR which was successfully granted on 19.11.23.
Likewise, my husband was granted PBS dependent visa on 20th December 2019. Thereafter,his visa was extended along with me. He is having his PBS dependent visa till 14 th Sept,2024. He is falling short of about 2.5 months before he can apply for ILR. He would be qualifying for ILR on or around 20th November 2024.
Based on my previous experiences with visas, I am
assuming that it generally takes about 8-10 weeks for extension. Hence I have few questions:
1. Can my husband directly apply for ILR? Or
2. Is is possible for him to apply for extension and then switch the visa application to ILR?
3. If applying for extension is the only option, will it be possible to get a refund of IHS since by the time we receive a decision, we might be ready for the ILR application and may have not needed to be on dependent visa.

Thank you for the continuous guidance.

Npa
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent visa extension or ILR application.

Post by Npa » Wed Jun 12, 2024 8:07 am

Hello all, please could I request to get some valuable response to my query. In my entire visa processes till now I have not taken a step without getting the guidance from this forum😊
Any insights will be of great help to us

Thank you