ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for british parent working in Saudi Arabia, child born in Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mvee313
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British passport for british parent working in Saudi Arabia, child born in Pakistan

Post by Mvee313 » Thu Jun 13, 2024 5:50 pm

Hi everyone
Can someone advise me on my circumstances please
I am a british citizen (naturalised through 5 years on tier 2 work visa). My wife is a british citizen too (naturalised through 5 years on tier 2 work dependant visa).
I relocated to saudi arabia recently for a job. My wife went to her family in pakistan and gave birth to our child there. Child has a pakistani passport and my wife and child are in process of getting the saudi family visa to join me in saudi arabia.
What is the best way to get the passport for our child?
Is it possible to apply for childs passport if they are in saudi, have british parents, born in pakistan, and living with father who is working in saudi. What are the documentation requirements? I wouldnt have UK salary, proof of address etc as I have moved out of the UK now.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British passport for british parent working in Saudi Arabia, child born in Pakistan

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:11 pm

You can apply online. You will need naturalisation certificate for yourself, child's passport, and birth certificate for your child with your name on it as parent. No proof of employment or address required. Be mindful that passport applications from abroad do take longer.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

secret.simon

Re: British passport for british parent working in Saudi Arabia, child born in Pakistan

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:11 pm

If the child was born on or after the date that either parent got naturalised, they can apply for a British passport directly.

You will need your own or the other parent's naturalisation certificate and the baby's birth certificate.

Be aware that first British passports for children born in the Subcontinent can take between six months and a year.

Also note that their children, your grandchildren, born outside the UK will not automatically be British citizens.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.