ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS reimbursement

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

IHS reimbursement

Post by S_GUPTA » Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:17 pm

Hello,

My partner is about to apply for Global talent visa through peer review route. She has been in UK for last 2.5 yrs on skilled workers visa. We are planning to apply for 3 yrs GTV visa and will pay the IHS fees for the three years. Since we are seeking the endorsement from Royal society of engineering, she will be eligible for ILR by end of the year (2.5 yr on SKV and 0.5 yr GTV). Once we apply for ILR, will it be possible for ask Home office to reimburse the remaining IHS fees for 2.5ys we have paid?

Appreciate the help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS reimbursement

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:10 pm

IHS is not refunded when ILR is applied for. This is clearly stated on the UKVI website.

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... on/refunds
When you will not get a refund
You will not get a refund if:

you withdraw your visa application after your visa is granted
your visa application is successful but you do not come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain
you’re switching to another visa which is exempt from the IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

S_GUPTA
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: IHS reimbursement

Post by S_GUPTA » Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:46 pm

Thanks, So we should only apply for 1 year then?

She is applying through the exceptional promise peer review route, endoresed by Royal society of engineering. Am I correct to say she is eligible for ILR by end of year? She has been on SKV for 2.5yr and the 1 year on GTV will cover te the rest. will the GTVapplication decision waiting period be counted as continous period for ILR?