ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Depedent Visa for child with both parents on Tier 2 skilled

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Janane10
Newly Registered
India

Depedent Visa for child with both parents on Tier 2 skilled

Post by Janane10 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:37 am

Hello all,

Myself and husband on skilled tier 2 visa in the UK since august 2023. My husbands visa validity is until September 2026 and mine until September 2028.
We were told the child's Dependant visa validity will align with that parents visa which is due to expire soon.

Hence she was linked to my husbands tier 2. Now my husband is changing jobs and his new tier 2 visa will be sponsored for another 3 years.

I now want my daughters dependant visa to be linked with my tier 2 for personal reasons. I have two queries regarding this,

1)will changing dependent pass from one parent to another affect the child's ILR clock?
2)my child's dependent pass validity will follow the parent whose visa is due to expire first. When my husbands tier 2 visa expires should I extend my daughters dependant visa?

Anon123B
United Kingdom

Re: Depedent Visa for child with both parents on Tier 2 skilled

Post by Anon123B » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:51 pm

Janane10 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:37 am
Hello all,

Myself and husband on skilled tier 2 visa in the UK since august 2023. My husbands visa validity is until September 2026 and mine until September 2028.
We were told the child's Dependant visa validity will align with that parents visa which is due to expire soon.

Hence she was linked to my husbands tier 2. Now my husband is changing jobs and his new tier 2 visa will be sponsored for another 3 years.

I now want my daughters dependant visa to be linked with my tier 2 for personal reasons. I have two queries regarding this,

1)will changing dependent pass from one parent to another affect the child's ILR clock?
For dependent children on skilled worker route, there is no ILR clock. They just have to fulfil the other requirements (e.g., relying on parents, both parents applying to settle in the UK etc.). Also, both dependent visas will come under the same thing, there are no different categories for dependent visas.

See this post for more information on a relevant query: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=335939

2)my child's dependent pass validity will follow the parent whose visa is due to expire first. When my husbands tier 2 visa expires should I extend my daughters dependant visa? Your daughter's dependant visa will expire on the date stated on her visa regardless of your husband's new visa. You can choose to apply to switch her to your own visa at any time before the expiry of that date.