ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ILR application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tapaspan
Newly Registered
India

UK ILR application

Post by tapaspan » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:52 am

I am within 28days of applying ILR in 5yr route (Skilled Worker) and will apply in couple of months. But my dependents are not eligible yet. Need your guidance on the below questions:
1. After getting my ILR, my dependents can extend their Skilled worker Visa – what would be their VISA category?
2. Are there any restrictions for renewing Dependents Visa; for example they can renew only certain times for certain years?
3. Would they be able to extend their Visa while they are in India or this has be applied within UK?

Please advise on the above.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK ILR application

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:34 am

1. Skilled Worker dependent visa extension.

2. Once you have ilr, their extension is for 3 years, as stated in the immigration rules. You can't choose to apply for less visa duration. They can apply at anytime before their visas expire.

3. They must apply in rhe UK for an extension. An application from abroad is a new entry clearance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tapaspan
Newly Registered
India

Post by tapaspan » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:58 am

Thank you so much for your reply.
So on Q2: they can apply for 3years duration in each time of extension? or is there any restriction on number of extension, if they are not applying/getting eligible for ILR?
And on Q3: This extension has to be applied from within UK before their Visa expiry for the continuation of the Visa, so can they apply and leave the country before the decision comes, I guess No. right?
And if they apply from outside of UK then it would be treated as a new VISA. I believe there is no such restriction but it depends on UK Home office. is this understanding correct?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:37 am

Q2. They can apply for as many extensions as they wish, there is no restriction. It will be a 3 year extension each time.

Q3. They cannot travel out of the uk while an application is pending. If they do, the application will be considered withdrawn and you lose the visa fee paid.

Once you have ilr, for an application outside the uk, it is a new entry clearance for a spouse settlement visa, a different visa route, rules and requirements which restes their ilr qualifying clock to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hampshire
Mood:
India

Post by Hampshire » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:23 am

You can apply from anywhere in the world not just in India but then you must be a normal resident there, which means that you are no longer a resident in the UK and hence break in residence. Another way of looking at it.

tapaspan
Newly Registered
India

Post by tapaspan » Sun Jun 23, 2024 11:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:37 am
Q2. They can apply for as many extensions as they wish, there is no restriction. It will be a 3 year extension each time.

Q3. They cannot travel out of the uk while an application is pending. If they do, the application will be considered withdrawn and you lose the visa fee paid.

Once you have ilr, for an application outside the uk, it is a new entry clearance for a spouse settlement visa, a different visa route, rules and requirements which restes their ilr qualifying clock to zero.
[Thank you so much for clarifying the same. Just to understand this further, suppose I get the ILR and my dependants wants to apply dependant Visa from outside UK, in this case this will be applied as a fresh Visa - would this still be Skilled Worker Dependant Visa?/quote]

tapaspan
Newly Registered
India

Post by tapaspan » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:53 am

Thank you so much for all your response to clarify the situation.

Just to understand this further, there is a chance that my dependants will not be in the UK to extend their existing Skilled Worker Dependent Visa from within UK, so they will have to apply as a fresh Visa from outside UK. In that case, would this still be Skilled Worker Dependant Visa (when the main applicant in on ILR through Skilled worker route)?
Please clarify this situation.