ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help Permannet residence to EU settlement cannot work

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ams_yanky
Newly Registered
India

Need help Permannet residence to EU settlement cannot work

Post by ams_yanky » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:16 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering if someone can give advise. I have PR granted under EU settlement in 2019 and BRP valid till 2028. I just applied for job and employer asked for share code when I checked gov.uk said I am not eligible to work in uk.
Can u please advise if I can apply for naturization straight away or have to apply for EU settlement first.

And if I have permanent status card how can I prove I am eligible to work.

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need help Permannet residence to EU settlement cannot work

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:24 pm

You must have applied under the EU settlement scheme before the deadline in 2022. You do not have any lawful residence in the UK now and I assume you are staying here unlawfully. No EU residence card has any legal value, even if it has not expired yet.

Was there a reason you didn't apply for settled status before the deadline?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ams_yanky
Newly Registered
India

Post by ams_yanky » Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:09 pm

Hi,
I really thought its for EU residence who do not have permanent residence. As my card expires in 2028. I do not need to re apply.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:11 pm

What does your PR card say exactly?

If you got PR before brexit, that card is no longer valid regardless of the expiry date and doesn't give you legal status, which is why it says no right to work.

All EU and EU family in the uk under the EU regulations were required to apply for pre settled or settled status. This was very well publicised.

Settled status is a free application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ams_yanky
Newly Registered
India

Post by ams_yanky » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:33 am

Thanks,any one knows if I'll submit late application how long it will take to get decision. And what evidence I need.