ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set M ILR for child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krithi1984
India

Set M ILR for child

Post by krithi1984 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:19 pm

Hi

I applied for my husband and Child for ILR in Super Priority Service in SET M after I got ILR status through Skilled worker Visa (5 Years) (Tier 2 General 3 Year and Skilled worker Visa 3 Years) . Their BRP is valid until 14 November 2024 . But it is got rejected stating continuous leave under Appendix FM5 valid until the above mentioned date recommended to apply no more than 28 days before your current permission ends.

Can you please confirm for SET M it is always applied only before the 28 days of expiry and home office will not consider we are applying after completing 5 years in UK.

Is there any possibility for me to re appeal to conisder this application and also need to know whether my application fee will be refunded or not. if it is refunded how long it will take.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Set M ILR for child

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:38 pm

It is form SET O they must apply on if they hold skilled Worker dependent visa.

You used the wrong form.

What exactly does the email say?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:50 pm

This is the second time that I see UKVI flat-out rejected the application as invalid for someone who applied using an incorrect form. SET(O) is the correct form and SET(M) should NOT have been used. The application that is refused will not qualify for any refund as it is decided.

The rejection letter now seems to mention the continuous residence requirement under Appendix FM. Here is another similar case with the same rejection letter which may look like it has something to do with the 28 day concession but the rejection is due to failure to apply using the correct form: viewtopic.php?t=347655#p2165373

All migrant workers and their dependents must apply using form SET(O) only. The most common mistake I've seen is that people with dependant visas think because their spouse already has ILR or has since become a citizen, they should apply using the SET(M) form instead. That is an INCORRECT assumption.

SET(M) should ONLY be used for people who completed 60 months under (partner of a settled person) aka Appendix FM/family route

The note on the SET(M) form is NOT talking about the personal circumstances of the applicant but rather their visa route which is 5 years under the partner of a settled person/citizen route (Appendix FM):
current leave to remain is as the partner of a British citizen, settled person, or person with refugee leave or humanitarian protection and that leave is on the 5 year route and you have completed at least 5 years with leave on that route.
current leave to remain is as the parent of a child present and settled in the UK on the 5 year route and you have completed at least 5 years with leave on that route.
Anyone with a skilled worker visa (including dependents) must apply for ILR using form SET(O) only. The fact that their partner is now settled or British makes no difference whatsoever.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

krithi1984
India

Post by krithi1984 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:11 pm

Here is the Immigration Visa Reply

Dear xxxxx

Ref: 1212-xxxxxxxxx

You have attempted to make an application for Settlement in the United Kingdom, under the Appendix FM 5-year partner route. Your application and dependants application has been rejected as invalid and will not be considered.
The reasons for this decision are:
You currently have not accrued 5 years continuous leave under the Appendix FM 5-year route. You have extant leave until 14 November 2024
Refund of Fees
If you have paid an application fee you will receive a refund, minus a £25 admin fee, for each person included in the application.

See next steps section for what you should do now.
Yours sincerely,

So I am assuming they will refund the application fee not the super priority fee . But Please confirm can I reapply with the Set O immediately

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Fee refund yes. Super priority unlikely to be refunded.

Apply Set o and pay fees again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

krithi1984
India

Post by krithi1984 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:36 pm

If we reapply as Set O do we need to mention in that application about this application rejection for being selected the incorrect form would not be an issue am I right.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:43 pm

krithi1984 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2024 6:36 pm
If we reapply as Set O do we need to mention in that application about this application rejection for being selected the incorrect form would not be an issue am I right.
No need to mention anything.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

krithi1984
India

Post by krithi1984 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:05 pm

Thank you . But while Applying as a Skilled Worker Dependant for my husband . it is asking the below details

Which Visa is Krithiga Applying for or been granted: (it is having option to select Skilled Worker not the ILR)
Do you have any Reference numbers for Krithiga ? VAF number , GWF number and No
Sponsor License Number :

But we can continue without providing Sponsor and Reference details. But I am with settled status now thats why i am confused what i need to specify for the first question for visa because its doesn't have option to specify the current immigration status of mine which is settled that's the reason we decided to switch to the Set M form earlier.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:05 am

You do not need to provide any of that. UKVI has ALL the immigration history of you and your spouse and your ILR will be based on the fact that you previously held a skilled worker visa and settled under such a route. The sponsor details are often irrelevant
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

krithi1984
India

Post by krithi1984 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:39 am

Hi

I am still bit confused with ur reply so thought of explain the scenario in detail

I am the Krithiga who had skilled worker visa applied for ILR through Set O and granted settled status on May 2024. I didnt include my dependants when I applied for IlR. I completed 3 years on Tier 2 general and then renewed again by my company for another 3 years in Skilled worker visa . So we all together completed 5 year fully and on the sixth year I applied for ILR and it is granted for just myself.

Now I am applying ILR for my child and husband who are in my skilled worker dependant visa valid upto November 2024.

In the online Application for my husband if select Skilled Worker Dependant for Set O as advised . It is asking for Spouse details and their current immigration status in those 3 question i mentioned in my earlier post without answering those questions we can't proceed further.

But it doesnt have any options to say i am settled .So that's the reason we thought we should not use Set O and switched to Set M 5 year route but that has been rejected with the reason as I attached in my earlier post. So I am still bit confused what I need to specify in that application to proceed further.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:57 am

You put your previous skilled visa details.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

krithi1984
India

Post by krithi1984 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:30 am

Thank you so much .

One more I would like to clarify ,is it okay for us to travel to India in the Month of August and back by September me being with settled status and they are in Dependant Visa valid up to November 2024 and then reapply for ILR in Set (0) in the End of September.

Many Thanks.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:34 am

krithi1984 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2024 11:30 am
Thank you so much .

One more I would like to clarify ,is it okay for us to travel to India in the Month of August and back by September me being with settled status and they are in Dependant Visa valid up to November 2024 and then reapply for ILR in Set (0) in the End of September.

Many Thanks.
You can re enter without problem as you have got valid leave till November.