ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR information request question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Eastv
Newly Registered
Germany

SAR information request question

Post by Eastv » Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:52 pm

Hi,
Last week I have submitted my SAR information request for my 5 year history, for the purpose of my naturalisation application.

While waiting, I have compiled the history myself. I am fairly certain I have everything (c. 50 trips). Perhaps I missed 1 or 2, but nothing major/long, and I am far below the thresholds.

Would you suggest waiting for the HO SAR results to x-check travel history?
Or can I submit my application already now? Would it look bad if I actually missed a trip, but the HO sees I made a request?
(if I don't submit in 4 days, then I need another 2 weeks given I was out of country 5 years ago during that time).

Thank you for advice

alterhase58
Germany

Re: SAR information request question

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:31 pm

If you are well within the total absences allowed (including the 90 days during the last 12 months) then there shouldn't be any issues even if you have forgotten one or two trips. Also be aware that SARs don't always produce the data expected, it could be complete, partially complete or sometimes no data at all. Note that an SAR is totally different from a naturalisation application - it's your legal right under the Freedom of Information act to ask about your data held by organisations, government or commercial.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Eastv
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Eastv » Mon Jun 03, 2024 10:46 pm

Merci, I think I will just apply then as I am quite confident. The earlier the better :)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jun 04, 2024 12:37 pm

Declare in a cover note that you are declaring all dates and trips at the best of your recollection, just to be sure.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Eastv
Newly Registered
Germany

Address of Home Office ?!

Post by Eastv » Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:45 pm

Hi,

I have compiled a brief cover letter for my application, in which I would like to insert the address of the Home Office. Can I simply take this from google, or is it being mentioned after submitting the application (right before uploading documents)?

Thank you!!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Address of Home Office ?!

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jun 04, 2024 9:12 pm

As far as I know no address is provided as all documents are expected to be uploaded, nothing is sent by post, and cover letter is not require unless you wish to explain something very specific (keep it short and concise!).

There's no need to address it but if you prefer just write (as it is online they will get it):
UK Visas & Immingration
The Home Office
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Eastv
Newly Registered
Germany

Home Office application receival Email

Post by Eastv » Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:57 pm

Hi,
I have submitted my application, uploaded all docs and had my biometrics appointment.
After the biometrics appointment I received an email from UKVCAS that everything had been send to the HO.

But I never received any confirmation email from the Ho. Is that normal? When logging into my application, the screen is the same, saying, final step is to book and appointment for biometrics (which I did).

Just nervous they didn’t receive it ! Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Home Office application receival Email

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:24 pm

But I never received any confirmation email from the Ho. Is that normal?
Yes it is normal.
When logging into my application, the screen is the same, saying, final step is to book and appointment for biometrics (which I did).
This is normal.
Stop stressing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:58 am

Eastv wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:57 pm
Hi,
I have submitted my application, uploaded all docs and had my biometrics appointment.
After the biometrics appointment I received an email from UKVCAS that everything had been send to the HO.

But I never received any confirmation email from the Ho. Is that normal? When logging into my application, the screen is the same, saying, final step is to book and appointment for biometrics (which I did).

Do not tamper with anything on your account lest you jeopardise your application and waste the fees.
What you need to do already done, now leave things, be patient and await the decision on your submitted application.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jun 21, 2024 6:47 pm

Eastv wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:57 pm
Hi,

All normal. That website doesn't get updated once you attend biometrics, as UKVCAS is a different service run by a separate company. All that is left to do is wait, if some documents didn't reach them they would try to contact you rather than just refusing your application.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.