ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Global talent dependent visa extension

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajkumar11
Newly Registered
Australia

Global talent dependent visa extension

Post by rajkumar11 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:46 pm

Hi I am on GTV and recently applied for an ILR which a decision is pending. Now I have to extend my dependents visa- from the previous threads I have understood that they have to apply under the GTV dependent visa category (same as before) and the minimum visa term is 3 years, irrespective of how my time they needed to satisfy the 5 yr residence requirement for them to apply ILR. In the IHS payment page even we put a tentative 3 yr term as visa expiry date, we still need to provide a visa route and visa type of the main applicant? Any advice on this which one we have to select here...

Many thanks in advance.

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: Global talent dependent visa extension

Post by lolo2 » Fri Jun 21, 2024 5:58 pm

Visa route/type of the main applicant is Global Talent.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Global talent dependent visa extension

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:04 pm

An extension will always be based on the fact that your spouse either has GTV visa or previously had GTV visa, as per the rules. So the route chosen will always be the GTV
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice