ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Visitor visa for Switzerland

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tapaspan
Newly Registered
India

Applying Visitor visa for Switzerland

Post by tapaspan » Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:05 am

Hi, am in the UK on Skilled Visa. Would like to apply for Visitor Visa for Switzerland. Since getting Schengen Visa appointment for Paris is a bit challenge, would like to apply for Switzerland and then visit Paris from Switzerland (would be like UK-->Switzerland-->Paris-->UK).
Could you please advise, how should I prepare for this Visa?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Applying Visitor visa for Switzerland

Post by meself2 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:17 am

What you want to get is a Schengen visa. It covers both Switzerland and France, as they both are members of the Schengen zone; youll get this by default if you apply for a short stay visa.

Depending on where will you stay longer, you need to apply for a visa from a respective country. You have to mention both countries and your planned trip dates.
See http://home-affairs.ec.europa.eu/polici ... en-visa_en and respective consulates' sites.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

tapaspan
Newly Registered
India

Re: Applying Visitor visa for Switzerland

Post by tapaspan » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:48 am

Thank you so much. I will check and come back if I need more info.