ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What should be my BRP valid until date?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sridharvaranasi7
Newly Registered
India

What should be my BRP valid until date?

Post by Sridharvaranasi7 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:51 pm

Hi,

I'm in the process of switching job. I was on Skilled worker visa since 2022 July and my visa was approved till Aug 2027. I'm changing employer now, while signing up to the UK VI I had to provide my BRP card validity. I provided the valid until as mentioned in the visa approval email i.e. August 2027. But my BRP has the valid until date as 31st Dec 2024( as the old BRP card system will be phased out).

When I scanned by BRP using the UK VI app for verification, it's giving me a error\warning stating my valid until detail don't match. Can you please advise on what date should I use in the valid until field should it be the date mentioned in the email received from UK VI or the date mentioned in my BRP card.

Additionally, If I have to update the valid until in my current application . How can I do it?

Thanks,
Sridhar

lolo2
Venezuela

Re: What should be my BRP valid until date?

Post by lolo2 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:08 pm

The application form asks for your BRP (the card) validity until date as you rightly pointed out, not the date until of your leave - two different things. The input here should be 31-12-2024.

It's not clear if you already submitted the application or not. If that's the case, you cannot make changes after it was submitted and fees paid, so I'd suggest booking an in person biometrics appointment instead of using the UKVI ID app.

Sridharvaranasi7
Newly Registered
India

Re: What should be my BRP valid until date?

Post by Sridharvaranasi7 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 8:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. I've just started my application. I'll update the details and then continue with my application.

Thanks,
Sridhar