ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

More Letterhead Anomolies, and Worries....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zeke

More Letterhead Anomolies, and Worries....

Post by zeke » Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:01 am

Dear Friends,

Another letterhead worry from your friend zeke...

I recently received a letter for my HSMP application, a letter showing Senior experience, and very important to my application.

It is signed by a Human Resources official of my former employer.

However, it is printed on paper with the logo of the company on it, but the logo and address look as if they were printed up on a computer, and the paper itself is appears to be ordinary white paper! The company logo and address are clean and neat, but they look to me as if they were printed up on the computer...They are the exact color as the text of the letter.

The Human Resources official apologised and agreed with me that this letterhead paper does not look entirely professional; the official acknowledged that it is "not even on bond (heavy) paper", but that this is the letterhead which comes from the facility which prints the business's brochures, etc. The official insisted that this letterhead was not printed on a computer, but is the official company letterhead...she told me that it seems to be a new cost saving measure (when I worked for this organization, the letterhead was on heavy "bond" paper, and logo and address were imprinted with contrasting color ink.) Is this a new trend in business?

Should I be concerned that HO will reject it? What do you all suggest? What, if anything, should I do?

(It is so very hard to be depending on others to help me to meet HO criteria!!) :roll:

Thank you, Friends!
Be Well!

syedleo
Newly Registered

Dont Bother!

Post by syedleo » Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:18 am

You shouldn't bother about it I guess. As long as whatever is written on the letter is verifiable, it should be ok. If HSMP will have any doubts on it they will try to verify the infos. You already signed a declaration in your application authorizing them to contact anyone to get infos about you.

narveer

Post by narveer » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:02 am

Yes zeke. I guess syedleo is right. Even I have provided these kind of letters since the company i work for doesnt have letterhead. I have provided the contact no and email ID of the person who has signed the letters. So if HSMP thinks theres something wrong with the docs then they can go ahead and contact the person who signed the documents.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:21 am

Zeke, as regards :-
they look to me as if they were printed up on the computer...They are the exact color as the text of the letter.
-: I agree with the comments you have already received. My own business has never gone to the expense and bother of having a letterhead printed, except in the sense of having the letterheading as a template resident in Microsoft Word.

And I have to say that seems to be the general trend for businesses ... far easier and cheaper to generate a letterheading along with the letter you want printed.

Accordingly I would not worry at all about the quality of the printing and paper being used on that reference.
John