ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - ILR - Request for additional documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adil1986
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Tier 1 - ILR - Request for additional documents

Post by adil1986 » Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:39 pm

Hi,

I applied for ILR after completing 5 years on Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

I would like to provide an overview about my business. I rented a mailbox where all goods and posts are coming. All employees were working remotely, even myself as the director. 2 jobs created are closed now after completing 12 months. Currently, there is only one employee which is myself as director of the company.

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE HOW I WOULD REPLY TO HOME OFFICE ON THE STATEMENT "CONFIRMATION OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED BY THE BUSINESS" ? I have created 2 jobs but why Home Office is asking this ?

All employees worked remotely and myself currently working remotely, HOW WOULD I PROVIDE PHOTOS OF THE BUSINESS AREAS ?

Home Office asked " INVOICES PRODUCED IN THE PREVIOUS 12 FOR WORK COMPLETED BY YOUR BUSINESS ". Please guide are they asking about sales invoices or purchase invoices ?

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME, HOW SHOULD I PROVIDE THESE INFORMATION REQUESTED BY THE HOME OFFICE ?

I have received email from Home Office asking for below additional documents.

Further to this please provide confirmation of the business premises address and photos of the business including all areas where work is conducted by yourself and your employees as well as areas used to store goods or equipment.

Please also provide confirmation of the URL to the business website, evidence of marketing material produced to advertise your business, confirmation of the number of people currently employed by the business and copies of all invoices produced in the previous 12 for work completed by your business.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 - ILR - Request for additional documents

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:02 am

You are subject to the 'genuine entrepreneur test' for ILR, so UKVI can ask for evidence of business activity. What is requested is self-explanatory and should be quite clear for someone running a business. They are asking to show evidence of business being conducted, any pictures of the business premises (if you have any) and also invoices you have issued to your clients for work/services done or goods delivered. This is not hard to understand. If you worked remotely, you may explain all this to the UKVI. This is your chance to explain and demonstrate all business activity in detail
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

adil1986
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by adil1986 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:55 am

thank you for your response, it is very helpful.

Can you also advise by invoice they meant the sales invoices issued to the clients NOT the purchasing invoices ?

secondly, since, i am working from home but have a registered office address, so do i need to provide pictures of the registered office address which i rented from the mailbox, NOT my remote working ?

Thirdly the home office is asking for "confirmation of the number of people currently employed by the business" ? how should i reply to this ? Please note i have completed 2 full times jobs for 12 months and these jobs ended recently.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jun 28, 2024 1:21 am

zimba wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:02 am
You are subject to the 'genuine entrepreneur test' for ILR, so UKVI can ask for evidence of business activity. What is requested is self-explanatory and should be quite clear for someone running a business. They are asking to show evidence of business being conducted, any pictures of the business premises (if you have any) and also invoices you have issued to your clients for work/services done or goods delivered. This is not hard to understand. If you worked remotely, you may explain all this to the UKVI. This is your chance to explain and demonstrate all business activity in detail
I think I was quite clear on all the points you raised. Purchasing invoices ??? They are asking you to show that you invoiced clients/customers. Did you properly read what I posted ??

If you do not have something then you say so, so if you run the business virtually you explain this. If you no longer have employees you explain this. This is not very difficult. It seems you believe that they are asking you to prove some random requirement that you have not satisfied. That is NOT the case, they are asking you just some generic business questions and ask to see evidence of business activity. They need to get all the information on your business activity to see if you are running a legitimate business or not.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Saadshoaib
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Saadshoaib » Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:48 am

Hi

Could you please let us know what kind of business you do?

And in your extension time you had employees? Did home office asked for additional docs in your extension time? Or did they conduct interview in your extension time?

Best of luck

adil1986
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by adil1986 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 11:25 am

Hi,

My business is about purchasing industrial items from UK/Europe and export to the clients overseas.

I created 2 jobs during initial first 3 years. I created another 2 jobs during extension period of 2 years.

HO did not ask for additional documents & interview during extension time.

Thanks,

msx273
Saudi Arabia

Post by msx273 » Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:30 pm

Hi Adil

I will share my interview experience too

Did you applied throgh 50K or 200k route ?

Did you used the same company and staffs to claim points for your extension too which you claimed now for ILR

What is your time line so far of ILR , when did you applied and gave biometrics and when was the first request you got from Home office

Also is there any specific reason why you laid off your staffs after ILR application

The documents they asked are pretty straight forward and im sure you can provide them.

In Shaa ALLAH Khair, lets hope for good news

adil1986 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2024 9:39 pm
Hi,

I applied for ILR after completing 5 years on Tier 1 Entrepreneur.

I would like to provide an overview about my business. I rented a mailbox where all goods and posts are coming. All employees were working remotely, even myself as the director. 2 jobs created are closed now after completing 12 months. Currently, there is only one employee which is myself as director of the company.

PLEASE CAN YOU ADVISE HOW I WOULD REPLY TO HOME OFFICE ON THE STATEMENT "CONFIRMATION OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED BY THE BUSINESS" ? I have created 2 jobs but why Home Office is asking this ?

All employees worked remotely and myself currently working remotely, HOW WOULD I PROVIDE PHOTOS OF THE BUSINESS AREAS ?

Home Office asked " INVOICES PRODUCED IN THE PREVIOUS 12 FOR WORK COMPLETED BY YOUR BUSINESS ". Please guide are they asking about sales invoices or purchase invoices ?

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME, HOW SHOULD I PROVIDE THESE INFORMATION REQUESTED BY THE HOME OFFICE ?

I have received email from Home Office asking for below additional documents.

Further to this please provide confirmation of the business premises address and photos of the business including all areas where work is conducted by yourself and your employees as well as areas used to store goods or equipment.

Please also provide confirmation of the URL to the business website, evidence of marketing material produced to advertise your business, confirmation of the number of people currently employed by the business and copies of all invoices produced in the previous 12 for work completed by your business.