ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for visit visa while awaiting decision on family visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

psw2009
Member of Standing

Applying for visit visa while awaiting decision on family visa

Post by psw2009 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:17 am

Hi

I am awaiting for decision on my application for my wife and children as dependent to join me in UK, as decision is going to take longer can I apply for visit visa for them to visit UK for 2 weeks? Will that be possible?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for visit visa while awaiting decision on family visa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:34 am

You generally can't have two applications at the same time with ukvi.

Also, a visitor visa will likely be refused given they have submitted an application to settle in the uk and stated the intention to move and live here. Presumably they submitted their passports already for rhe spouse visa?

A visitor visa requires evidence of strong ties to home country, they can't prove that either with a spouse visa in process and stronger ties to the uk than their home country.

Visit them in your home country instead.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

psw2009
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for visit visa while awaiting decision on family visa

Post by psw2009 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:34 am
You generally can't have two applications at the same time with ukvi.

Also, a visitor visa will likely be refused given they have submitted an application to settle in the uk and stated the intention to move and live here. Presumably they submitted their passports already for rhe spouse visa?

A visitor visa requires evidence of strong ties to home country, they can't prove that either with a spouse visa in process and stronger ties to the uk than their home country.

Visit them in your home country instead.
Thanks alot for your advise much appreciated