ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa appeal - when to get a solicitor?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sky07

Spouse visa appeal - when to get a solicitor?

Post by sky07 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:04 pm

My husband was refused entry clearance in Nov 08 and I submitted the AIT2 form citing myself as his representative.
The bundle date is is March 22 this year. So perhaps the court date will be May?
I am thinking about getting an immigration solicitor on the case but need to save up as it will prob cost about £1500.
When is the latest I can get a solicitor to represent my husband?
Thanks

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:44 pm

Dont bother with solicitors. They are far to expensive.

Click this link. Find your nearest office, ring them to make an appointment. They will advise and assist you free of charge with your appeal.

http://www.iasuk.org/C2B/document_tree/ ... egoryID=10

Good luck

sky07

Post by sky07 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks for your advice. I have been to see IAS and because I earn over £27K I would have to pay £140 per hour so no savings there.
How much notice do you have to give an Immigration adviser or solicitor to advise you please?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Wow I never knew that.

Why not be brave enough and represent yourself. It is not difficult to do so.I have seen many people do it and have been succesful.

Depending on what the reason is for the refusal,you yourself should be the person to know what to say as to why the decision by the ECO is wrong.

The Adjuticator who listens to the case is usually very understanding and sympathetic to you. All you have to do is to explain why you think that decision is wrong and try and prove it by conter claiming why you think your husband should get a visa.

Why not go and sit in the court and listen to what happens. Its a public court.

If you still dont feel comfatable, then the only alternative is to emply a solicitor and pay for it.

As regards giving notice to employ a solicitor to the AIT , as long as you in good time ( 6-8 weeks)it should be no problem

blessedlady89

Re: Spouse visa appeal - when to get a solicitor?

Post by blessedlady89 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:23 am

Why not contact Victoria. I have consulted few solicitors but I feel confident and happy with Victoria. :D

My friend who refused visa as well but he was with another solicitor pay so much fee , as I cannot believe it . His solicitor asked about 1,200.oo (lodging an appeal) excluding court appearance.

I think there are so many who are happy with Victoria's service.

sky07 wrote:My husband was refused entry clearance in Nov 08 and I submitted the AIT2 form citing myself as his representative.
The bundle date is is March 22 this year. So perhaps the court date will be May?
I am thinking about getting an immigration solicitor on the case but need to save up as it will prob cost about £1500.
When is the latest I can get a solicitor to represent my husband?
Thanks