ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 10 year partner route.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ultragravity
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR qualifying period

Post by ultragravity » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I want to enquire to see when will I be qualified to apply for ILR.

I am currently on 10 year partner route.
I have been granted my first visa for 2.5 years on 14 Aug 2014 and my current LTR is expiring on 12 September 2024.

I would like to understand if I will be eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before 14 August 2024 or 28 days before my current LTR end date?

Thanks in advance

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ILR qualifying period

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:12 am

ultragravity wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:40 pm
Hi everyone,

I want to enquire to see when will I be qualified to apply for ILR.

I am currently on 10 year partner route.
I have been granted my first visa for 2.5 years on 14 Aug 2014 and my current LTR is expiring on 12 September 2024.

I would like to understand if I will be eligible to apply for ILR 28 days before 14 August 2024 or 28 days before my current LTR end date?

Thanks in advance
28days before 14 August 2024 I.e. you are eligible by 17 July 2024.

ultragravity
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR on 10 year partner route.

Post by ultragravity » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:55 pm

I have few question, I would like clarification on before I submit my application for ILR. I would be very grateful for expert guidance.

Previous overstayer, granted FLR FP on partner route in august 2014, married with british spouse since 2010 and have 2 kids both british national. I have been going through extensions in 2017, 2019 and 2022.

I am eleigible for ILR by end of this month.

1, Will I apply on LR (long residency) form?

2, If I apply on LR form as per above, do I need to submit my resedency proof since 2014? or just last 2 years as per my last 3 extensions in the past.??

3, If I check ILR based on partner route after 10 years, it prompt me to apply as adult relative, is this something where I can apply with last 2 year documents only??

My reason for above query is that since 2019, my previous 2 extensions all my documents provided are scanned and available, however prior to that documents I provided were physical which I dont have hold off.

Thanks a lot in advance!!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR on 10 year partner route.

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:13 pm

There are two 10-year routes to ILR. One is the long residence route and the other is the 10-year family route.

For the long residence, form SET(LR) is used: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-lr
The long residence route has its own qualification criteria but the new changes have introduced some limitations and ambiguities.

For the 10-year family route, form settlement-adult-relative is used: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... t-relative
I strongly suggest they apply under the 10-year family route.

The form settlement-adult-relative clearly says:
Use this form to apply to settle in the UK if you:

•are the partner of someone who has or had permission on the Innovator route, has refugee status, or humanitarian protection. They must either be applying for settlement at the same time as you or have already settled in the UK.
•have permission to stay as a partner or parent (or a combination of the two) on the family route and are eligible to settle in the UK after a qualifying period of 10 years.
You do not need to provide any residence proof, whatever that means.
Cohabitation proof is only needed for the last two years: All you need to know about cohabitation evidence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ultragravity
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ultragravity » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:12 pm

Thanks a lot for for your prompt response.

I am ever so grateful.

ultragravity
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ultragravity » Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:13 am

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all the help you have provided so far. I am in a bit of a dilemma. I have filled out an ILR application for an Adult Relative and have been trying for two days at the payment stage to see if I can get Super Priority, but it is not progressing. I did a bit of a Google search and came across a few topics where I realized that Super Priority is not available for ILR under the Adult Relative category.

My questions are:
1. Is this correct information that Super Priority is not available for the 10-year partner route on ILR for an adult relative?
2. At stage 5 of 6 of my application, where I have given consent but not paid for my application, can I abandon this and start an ILR (LR) application?
3. Does all correspondence need to cover the last 10 years for the LR application? Additionally, can you please guide me about the documentation, i.e., address correspondence requirements for the LR application have to be for total 10 years s8nce I granted my first Visa in august 2014?

Thank you for your assistance. Your guidance has been invaluable, and any help you can provide on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:41 am

Not sure what you meant by ILR Adult Relative.
Read below eligible applications for faster decision:

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

ILR Long Residence requires the barest minimum of documents and definitely no requirement for 10years address correspondence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:54 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 3:41 am
Not sure what you meant by ILR Adult Relative.
Read below eligible applications for faster decision:

https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa ... ide-the-uk

ILR Long Residence requires the barest minimum of documents and definitely no requirement for 10years address correspondence.
The OP isn't using SET LR.

they are using the 10 year family route for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ultragravity
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ultragravity » Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:08 am

Thanks a lot. I would really like to apply for Super Priority. On my current application, which I have consented to and submitted but not yet paid for, under the 10-year partner route ILR Adult Relative payment option, I did not see an option for Super Priority at payment, and I have been trying for the past two days. I came across some information suggesting that the 10-year partner route may not be eligible for Super Priority, which makes sense given the absence of the option. My question is whether it is possible for me to start a new application under ILR Long Residence while allowing the unpaid application to withdraw itself in 10 weeks, as there is no option in the dashboard to withdraw the application?

Thanks a lot for your help with the ILR Long Residence documentation query.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:38 pm

You may not even get the super priority option under the long residence. :!:

See: Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?

A saved application that has NOT been submitted is not yet a valid pending application, so 'withdrawing' is meaningless. You can ignore any saved application and start a new one.

Also, make sure you understand major changes to the rules under the long residence route that the home office introduced in 2023 and 2024. These may affect the eligibility of the applicant under this route. See: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=336067
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

ultragravity
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ultragravity » Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:42 pm

Thanks for all your help.

I have since started my application under SET (LR) and managed to apply and get super priority on 27th July. I submitted my biometrics today at 8am and received approval at 2pm (I have also updated this on the SET LR timeline).

I really appreciate all the help and valuable advice.

I just have one more query: Am I right in thinking that once I receive my BRP for ILR next week, since I have been married to a British citizen for 14 years, I can apply for British citizenship anytime? Or do I still need to spend 12 months on ILR before my naturalisation application?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:47 pm

Yes, and you can apply now. You do not need to wait for a BRP

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:16 pm

ultragravity wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 2:42 pm
Thanks for all your help.

I have since started my application under SET (LR) and managed to apply and get super priority on 27th July. I submitted my biometrics today at 8am and received approval at 2pm (I have also updated this on the SET LR timeline). Congratulations.

I really appreciate all the help and valuable advice.

I just have one more query: Am I right in thinking that once I receive my BRP for ILR next week, since I have been married to a British citizen for 14 years, I can apply for British citizenship anytime? Or do I still need to spend 12 months on ILR before my naturalisation application? Yes, you can apply immediately as married to a BC.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2024 3:18 pm

Please ask your citizenship questions in the British citizenship sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.