ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maksim69
Newly Registered

ILR application.

Post by maksim69 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:54 pm

Hi to everyone.
Me and my husband were granted visa on “ private life” route in September 2014.
In 2022 we have waited 11 month for a decision on our application and received visa that is expires in 2025 September.
Can we apply for ILR this coming September 2024? Or do we have to wait for our visa to expire?

Do I need English language test? I know I need “life in Uk test.
Thank you.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR application.

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:27 pm

maksim69 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:54 pm
Hi to everyone.
Me and my husband were granted visa on “ private life” route in September 2014.
In 2022 we have waited 11 month for a decision on our application and received visa that is expires in 2025 September.
Can we apply for ILR this coming September 2024? Or do we have to wait for our visa to expire?

Do I need English language test? I know I need “life in Uk test.
Thank you.
Your current visa expiry is irrelevant. You will be eligible for ILR within 28 days of completing your 10 years. You both need to prove your knowledge of English using a piece of appropriate evidence, e.g a UK degree or Ecctis certificate or SELT at B1: https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice