ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI ID check app not scanning BRP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bjbatra
Newly Registered

UKVI ID check app not scanning BRP

Post by bjbatra » Thu Jul 11, 2024 9:55 pm

Hello,

For the past many weeks I have tried to use the UKVI app - as part of the process to get an EVisa - but for some reason, it is not being able to scan my BRP. I have tried with three different phones - not sure what to do now.

I'd be grateful for any advice from someone who faced a similar situation, or is aware of some way to get the scan to work.

thanks!

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UKVI ID check app not scanning BRP

Post by zxyzhgp » Fri Jul 12, 2024 3:33 pm

1> is your BRP recent? old chip has issue
2> You need to know the sensor spot for those phones. it is not like just making contact between your phone and your BRP
3> Try passport if it is new

bjbatra
Newly Registered

Post by bjbatra » Fri Jul 12, 2024 5:43 pm

Thanks for the reply.

My BRP is from 2014. I guess that would be an old chip.

Unfortunately my (Indian) passport doesn't have a chip, so that is not an option too

I don't think this is a phone issue - I have never had a problem with NFC on my Google Pixel phone - used it regularly for Oyster/TFL and other payment etc.

chuey603
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by chuey603 » Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:51 pm

My BRP is from 2014 and I also had issues scanning my BRP with the app. I even downloaded another app to check that NFC on my phone works (and it does), so it's the card not the phone. Unfortunately I can't help as I ended up using my passport which has a chip. I hope you find a resolution soon.

zxyzhgp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zxyzhgp » Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:48 pm

some people in this forum mentioned put the BRP card next to a card reader when shopping :shock: :shock:

Agi1979
Newly Registered
England

Post by Agi1979 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:36 pm

@bjbatra
I am in the same boat.ILR BRP chip is NOT reading the ID check app for UK E Visa.Have you managed to find any solution? Appreciated your reply

middletier 1

Post by middletier 1 » Thu Aug 08, 2024 6:12 pm

Hi All,

Did you guys sorted the scan issues, I tried but my BRP issued in 2016 not scanned on UK immigration ID check app. The app says to skip the scan if not reading and I need to send the doc to check, please advise if anyone facing same issues has sent the document for verification or managed to scan? please advise.
Thanks

pattar5930
Newly Registered
India

Post by pattar5930 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:46 pm

Hi,

I am having the same issue, tried scanning on both android and idiot-phone but it did not read my BRP card issued in 2014 which expired last month.As per ukba we can use expired BRP to create eVisa.

Please let us know if some one found a solution.

Thanks

pattar5930
Newly Registered
India

Post by pattar5930 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:47 pm

pattar5930 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:46 pm
Hi,

I am having the same issue, tried scanning on both android and idiot-phone but it did not read my BRP card issued in 2014 which expired last month.As per ukba we can use expired BRP to create eVisa.

Thanks
Hi,

Thanks